My Male Fancy Guppy Is Acting Weird!!

Kendall.-.20

My male fancy guppy is now 3 months old and his tank mate died yesterday and he was old for a male fancy guppy. But now the next day my male fancy guppy is acting weird he is bumping into things and breathing heavy what do I do? There are other fish in the tank and they are perfectly fine.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
This might be a water quality issue. If you can, test the water for temp, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates and post the results. Then do a 50% water change. Hopefully he perks up a bit.
What size tank and how many other fish/what kinds are with him? Is he looking any different, like does he have any wounds or are his fins red/tattered?

OP
Kendall.-.20

Kendall.-.20

I did a water change, the temp is 75 degrees. I also have 2 ghost shrimp in the tank, should I get another male fancy guppy maybe he is sad because there is no other guppy in the tank.

Demeter said:
This might be a water quality issue. If you can, test the water for temp, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates and post the results. Then do a 50% water change. Hopefully he perks up a bit.
What size tank and how many other fish/what kinds are with him? Is he looking any different, like does he have any wounds or are his fins red/tattered?

Attachments

Al913

Fishlore VIP
WELCOME to Fishlore!!!

How old was the other guppy? The fact that the other one is having problems mean it is the parameters.

Biev

They don't grieve for their tankmates. They do feel safer in larger numbers, but he would just be acting a little more skittish than usual. Please don't get any more fish until you're sure that your water parameters are safe and your current tank inhabitants are healthy.

OP
Kendall.-.20

Kendall.-.20

Biev said:
They don't grieve for their tankmates. They do feel safer in larger numbers, but he would just be acting a little more skittish than usual. Please don't get any more fish until you're sure that your water parameters are safe and your current tank inhabitants are healthy.
okay I won't

OP
Kendall.-.20

Kendall.-.20

Update : my since I did a 50 precent water change my guppy is back to normal again!! My guppy is really active and swimming around a lot it seems my guppy is back to normal!! Thank you guys for your help!!

New Threads