My Makeshift Goldfish Bin Help

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Bast OC, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Bast OCValued MemberMember

I need your opinions.
    Two weeks ago someone offered me a gift that to them seemed harmless, two goldfish in a glass bowl. I think the bowl might have been under 2 gallons. I immediately took actions, I put them in a plastic bin that is approximately 10gallons. The day after I bought an air pump and a spunge filter for a 40gallon aquarium. Since the goldfish are still pretty small they could live in that for a bit of time. They have been doing well for the last two weeks. I decided that if they were still alive in 1-2 months I will invest in a big aquarium for them. Is this the right thing to do. If I buy them an aquarium what size should it be. I think they are common goldfish.

(Sorry if I made some little mistakes, English is not my first tongue) 1524408500761.jpg1524408544101.jpg1524408572899.jpg

2. Goldfishfreak

GoldfishfreakValued MemberMember

Nice bin/tank you have there. They should be good for a bit in it but I would buy a tank in a month or two depending on how fast they grow. They do look like commons to me. Personally I would buy a 50g+ tank. I had 1 goldfish in a 30g (bad decision I know) and it was too small and it died. I am wating till I get a larger tank till I get some again. But I have a friend who breeds goldfish and he said 2 for a 50g would be ok but the bigger the better.

Hope this helps!

If anyone has another opinion please share!

3. OP
    OP
    B

Bast OCValued MemberMember

Thanks alot !

4. FlipFlopFishFlake

FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

Common goldfish can get over a foot, if you could I would consider investing in a tank more around the 100 gallon mark.

5. Goldiemom

GoldiemomWell Known MemberMember

Your temporary tank does look nice! Eventually 2 common goldfish will have to go to a pond or a 100+ gallon tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice