My Makeshift Goldfish Bin

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Bast OC, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Bast OCValued MemberMember

I need your opinions.
    Two weeks ago someone offered me a gift that to them seemed harmless, two goldfish in a glass bowl. I think the bowl might have been under 2 gallons. I immediately took actions, I put them in a plastic bin that is approximately 10gallons. The day after I bought an air pump and a spunge filter for a 40gallon aquarium. Since the goldfish are still pretty small they could live in that for a bit of time. They have been doing well for the last two weeks. I decided that if they were still alive in 1-2 months I will invest in a big aquarium for them. Is this the right thing to do. If I buy them an aquarium what size should it be. I think they are common goldfish.

(Sorry if I made some little mistakes, English is not my first tongue) 1524408500761.jpg1524408544101.jpg1524408572899.jpg

2. GoldfishfreakValued MemberMember

Nice bin/tank you have there. They should be good for a bit in it but I would buy a tank in a month or two depending on how fast they grow. They do look like commons to me. Personally I would buy a 50g+ tank. I had 1 goldfish in a 30g (bad decision I know) and it was too small and it died. I am wating till I get a larger tank till I get some again. But I have a friend who breeds goldfish and he said 2 for a 50g would be ok but the bigger the better.

Hope this helps!

If anyone has another opinion please share!

3. Bast OCValued MemberMember

Thanks alot !

4. FlipFlopFishFlakeWell Known MemberMember

Common goldfish can get over a foot, if you could I would consider investing in a tank more around the 100 gallon mark.

5. GoldiemomWell Known MemberMember

Your temporary tank does look nice! Eventually 2 common goldfish will have to go to a pond or a 100+ gallon tank.