My Little pond

Deano_

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi,
My name is Dean, I created this pond around 14 years ago, its not big as you can see, but is sure very beautiful, even though I do say so myself.

Its approx 6ft long 3ft wide and about 12" deep...

We had a heron attack around 3 weeks ago, one of the large goldfish was on the patio motionless, and covered in blood, so we covered her in a bucket to stop the cats from messing with her, then mum seen the bucket move (this is like half an hour after we first seen the carnage, lifted the bucket, and fishy was gasping, so I put her back in the water and after some time (few hrs) she was swimming arouns happily, and 3 weeks after the attack looks her old self. The fish were very frightened and only today with the warmer weather have they been openly swimming about..... love is in the air I believe !!

I have now put fishing line around the edges of the pond and over the top to keep the heron away...Grrrh

Well hope the pics appear ok.....
Deano

Attachments

Tana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Dean and welcome to the forum. Your pond may be small, but it is lovely and looks really healthy in plant and fish life.

Drat those darn herons! I'm very glad your fish recovered too. My pond is currently netted due to four attempts the last two weeks of hungry herons coming to scope it out. No casualties though, just a bunch of scared and skittish fish.

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucky for me I haven't had any heron problems, had raccoons a few times last year but didn't see any looses. My plants didn't do to well though, try and add some to my waterfall and they knock them off and they dry up. JERKS

Pleco-Owner123

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Beautiful pond! Im happy that your fish was okay after the heron attack. Your pond looks great and your fish look very healthy!

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wow what a lovely pond! I sooooooooooooooo want a pond just not sure out landlord would let us run the electrics to the garden :-(

TedsTank

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!!!

Nice pond!!!! Beautiful!!!

Alibob....I just PM'd you!!! Solar powered pumps!!...small ponds.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads