My little platy boy passed today :(

Discussion in 'Fish Memorials' started by Bijou88, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

Well, while cleaning my hob I discovered one of my adult platy dead in it. I have absolutely no idea how he got in there. There's a pre filter sponge so he didn't get sucked in. I'm at a loss. He was my little runt boy, he always had loads of personality and was one of my favorites. Swim in peace little buddy, you were a really good fish. :'(

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Sorry about your loss :(

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

Thank you Dom, I'm just so confused as to what happened, it's so weird.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

You said HOB... Is it possible he jumped in from the output side instead of being sucked in through the intake tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

I thought about that, it's unlikely though since my lid comes right up to the output. The way the media is (aquaclear) it seems like it would have just pushed him back out. For the life of me, I can't figure out how he possibly could've ended up in there. ...I'm stumped :( my best guess is that since my pre filter sponge isn't so much a sponge as a plastic mesh cage with panty hose over it, that I somehow scooped him up in that when I was putting it back on yesterday and he then poured out of that part when I cleaned my filter. That's just the only thing that seems possible. Which means I've managed to kill another favorite fish in a really senseless way. I just feel so awful about it. :/

6. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

I'm so sorry about your platy

7. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

I'm so sorry for your loss, dear. :console: Don't blame yourself for it, though, as it wasn't your fault. :;hug2 R.I.P. :'(

8. el337

el337Fishlore LegendMember

So sorry for your loss.

9. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

So sorry you lost your fish. Alison

10. Reyes

ReyesValued MemberMember

I'm very sorry... We try our best to guarantee their safety, but sometimes... Don't blame yourself.

11. OP
    OP
    Bijou88

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, I can't help but blame myself since I'm pretty sure his demise was directly caused by my lack of attention. I suppose these things happen :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice