My little girl is growing up! - aren't I a sap?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by chickadee, May 13, 2006.

1. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I started out my morning by taking baby pictures of one of my favorite subjects, Misty! So I thought I would share them. I had to decide where to post them but decided on here since it has become such a part of my life too.

So I hope you enjoy!

Rose
    :D

Attached Files:

2. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

Shes turning red!! (Oh my god, she's so cute, I have to sit down.) ;D

3. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Yes, one or both of her parents must have had some maroon in them. The maroon veins around her gills nearly gave me heart failure when I thought she was bleeding one day (before I realized it was just her changing colors). She is still about ___________this long without her tail. (but she thinks she is a BIG Betta now) LOL :D

Rose
    ;)

4. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Rose, she is stunning !!! :) Absolutely beautiful !!!

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

She is so pretty, you have every right to be proud (she's a little ham isn't she? ;) )
    Carol

6. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

;D Yep, she knows just where that camera lens is all the time! She could maybe model!!!! LOL I could see me trying to fit her out in little dresses LOL. hehehehehehehehehehe

Rose
    ;D

7. divakeeksValued MemberMember

She is so beautiful!! What great pics!!

8. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

She is gorgeous! But at the same time still really cute. :D Maybe she could give my fish some lessons on posing for the camera. ;)

9. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

A lot of people going into stores look at the males with their long fins and beautiful shapes and think the little girls sure don't hold a candle to them, and I will say that my boys are beautiful (I am not in the least bit prejudiced you understand :D) and so are the other males I have seen; but there is something sweet in the little ladies' personality. She is much sweeter when she comes to the corner to eat. She just has a different way about her that makes her seem softer and cuter and you just want to give her a little itty bitty hug. (Of course, emotionally never physically) And, as time has gone on, I do believe she does hold up her end on the looks department. She doesn't have the long fins that her "brothers" do but she has a really cute little face and the most adorable blue eyes and the lack of fins just doesn't seem to matter. :D

Rose
    :)

10. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

Wow blue eyes? I didnt know that they had eye color different then black (thats what satin's are).

Yeah... the next tank I'm getting is definitely gonna be a tank full of females. I saw this tank that is a 33 gallons... it is the same dimensions as a 55 gal but its like eight inches shorter. I think that would be good to have a bunch of cories on the bottom and then like four females. This is like a long term dream cuz i wanna get them from a breeder so I can get them while they are young so this will be pretty expensive. Also i want it fully planted.

Man my dreams are way bigger then my wallet... :p :'(

11. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Misty cost me $3.95 plust $7.00 shipping off of eBay. (from a breeder) I have not paid more than $6.00 for any of my fish but then I do pay the postage. If you are lucky enough to find a breeder that has a large enough selection it is always a good idea to add the females all at once to avoid bullying later. It also has the added bonus of getting a pretty good price and deal on shipping if you order multiples. I have noticed the latest ones on eBay have been running at least $10.00 but the breeder selling them has good fish. If you want to be assured to get a really young bunch that is about the only way, direct to the breeder.

I wish the blue eyes would show up in the photos, they are the prettiest color. I have only seen the color of blue in a picture one time and that was of some of Dahly's Multies. He was able to get the blue to show up, now what am I not getting :D?

Your dreams sound great to me. I will be glad to watch them come true with you.

Rose
    :)

12. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Blue eyes? That's pretty sweet. If you look at a bunch of fish you notice they all have different eye colors. My Guppies and Platys have tan, black, bronze, or silver eyes. Actually one of them does look a bit blueish. Sometimes I think I notice WAY too many details. ::)

Hey, ebbandflow, your dreams may be bigger than your wallet, but at least you don't want a horse! ;D (or do you...) ;)

13. ebbandflowValued MemberMember

haha... let me work on a dog first and we'll see from there ;D.

14. poefoxWell Known MemberMember

Congratulations on Misty. She does seem very nice. I'm thinking of getting a female still but we'll see. Till recently no stores around me had any.

15. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

She is so dainty and beautiful and so tame. She only eats 3 bloodworms at each meal and cuts herself off at that. I do not have to make her stop.

It is a world of difference having a little female. Just make sure if you get a female not to put her in with your male as he will terrorize her. They should not be put together except at breeding times. (a feat not for the faint-at-heart and those with limited room)

The very best little females I have found have come off eBay where they still sell for $3.95 or so. The postage is not bad either. If possible keep them in groups of 3 or more as they need a dominant female to direct the group. (I didn't know this when I got my little lady)

The only thing you have to watch is how totally in love you can become with them, because they are such sweet little fish.

Rose
    :D

16. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Rose, the pictures are wonderful! She is growing so much! ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice