My Little "Freak Of Nature" Snail Friend!

JustAFishServant

IMG_20210415_114956.jpg

IMG_20210415_115006.jpg

IMG_20210415_115904.jpg
A Snail with four antennae!? What a weirdo! But in reality, he's just a fun little Bladder Snail doing his thing!

SotaAquatics

Haven't seen that before! 3 on one side! I should take some pictures of my white bladder snails, not sure if that's common or not.

richiep

Two for forward & two for reverse

JustAFishServant

richiep said:
Two for forward & two for reverse
Well then, he must be horrible with one of the two! If one side has three and the other has one, which is he better at?

richiep

Perhaps he's a learner in reverse so he's only allowed 1 and two for forward

Batmantheanglefish

This is interesting! Just makes him special.

Betta'sAnonymous

Special Aquatic Critter Olympics could become a thing!

veggieshark

You should try to breed it into a pure strain. I am sure there will be fans of it somewhere.

JustAFishServant

veggieshark said:
You should try to breed it into a pure strain. I am sure there will be fans of it somewhere.
Maybe! You think I should try and breed him with another Bladder Snail? Goodness knows I have plenty! XD

veggieshark

They breed both sexually and asexually as far as I know, but chances are higher for sexual breeding if there are mates. I suppose the rest is observing and selecting the ones that have desirable traits and keeping them together.

I started doing that for color in ramshorns, but it got boring for me.

JustAFishServant

veggieshark said:
They breed both sexually and asexually as far as I know, but chances are higher for sexual breeding if there are mates. I suppose the rest is observing and selecting the ones that have desirable traits and keeping them together.

I started doing that for color in ramshorns, but it got boring for me.
Actually, you're right! I've never had him breed before, but I've had them go crazy in a Goldfish tank! I guess they'd rather have babies in a tank full of predators than all alone XD

Top Bottom