My Little Faker (aka Welcome Artemis)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by lilabug4545, Apr 12, 2018.

1. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

So... I got another betta. I wasn’t planning on it, but I was setting up my 2.5 rack for rescues last night and I got everything set up and running. I went into PetsMart today because I wanted to see if I could spoil my snakes and lizards any more. I looked at the sale plants, and started to head to the checkout. Bad idea. I saw a couple of pretty bettas, but I tend to buy my pet store bettas from Petco, as they are a lot healthier (I don’t have many pet store bettas anymore). I looked at the bettas and there was a lot of movement from one cup. It was a female halfmoon, who seemed to have a swim bladder issue. She couldn’t get herself to the bottom of the cup. I brought the attendent’s attention to it, and she basically said, “Yeah, we’ll put her in the back. It’s too bad. She’s so pretty.” I asked if I could at least have a discount on her, that I knew how to get her past this and I had the accomidations for her. She said she could sell her for the price of shipping ($4 for each fish, they bought about 10 this last time). I agreed to it, and as I was driving home, I noticed that she was getting better and better at diving to the bottom of her cup. I put her in her new tank, and she’s swimming perfectly fine! I think I may have a lying betta on my hands...

2. OP
    OP
    lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

image.jpg image.jpg
    I love her blue eyes...

3. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Nope not lying, just an actor.

4. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Ive heard of betta like this, they know how to get attention to our loveing hearts. Lucky fishy! Ive heard "we will put him/her in the back" before. I once saw a lady takeing a fish to the back that hasnt been sold in 2months of being there. I took the fish from her and now hes mine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice