My Little Betta

Esli

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi guys, so I just have a quick question. We have two bettas in a divided tank.
Our blue one is so active and eats every time i feed him.
My other pinkish/red one on the other hand seems shy and i haven't noticed him eat when we feed him. He goes out to swim and does his thing, but other times hes hiding in the corner or besides the heater.
Other than that hes just chilling, is he maybe just a chill fish or may something be wrong ? Ive attached phots of both of them. He seems perfectly fine. My blue one makes me think something is wrong with him.

Attachments

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Esli said:
Hi guys, so I just have a quick question. We have two bettas in a divided tank.
Our blue one is so active and eats every time i feed him.
My other pinkish/red one on the other hand seems shy and i haven't noticed him eat when we feed him. He goes out to swim and does his thing, but other times hes hiding in the corner or besides the heater.
Other than that hes just chilling, is he maybe just a chill fish or may something be wrong ? Ive attached phots of both of them. He seems perfectly fine. My blue one makes me think something is wrong with him.
Are the dividers see through? Can the bettas see eachother? That can tend to stress them out considering males naturally want to kill each other. If so i'd put more hiding places just so they feel safe.

Esli

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My ammonia is at 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate is about at 5 ppm.
They've only been in their tank since Saturday. I feed the blue one once a day, as much as he eats, just a small number of flakes.
My pinkish one doesnt pay attention to the food & hides when i get near. I've tried frozen brine shrimp, but he didnt care lol
And I'll be doing water changes weekly.
And thank you!

BettaFishKeeper4302 said:
Are the dividers see through? Can the bettas see eachother? That can tend to stress them out considering males naturally want to kill each other. If so i'd put more hiding places just so they feel safe.
The divider is black and has small holes for water to flow through. I've added plants on the divider to avoid that from happening.
The blue one flares at himself every now and then with his own reflection, but hes a pretty active one.

BettaFishKeeper4302

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Esli said:
The divider is black and has small holes for water to flow through. I've added plants on the divider to avoid that from happening.
The blue one flares at himself every now and then with his own reflection, but hes a pretty active one.
I actually have a male that was terrified of me just like yours. They get used to you after a while. Do not worry about them starving they can go a while without food. Just give it time. Seems like you are doing a great job.

Esli

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BettaFishKeeper4302 said:
I actually have a male that was terrified of me just like yours. They get used to you after a while. Do not worry about them starving they can go a while without food. Just give it time. Seems like you are doing a great job.
Thank you so much !

BobNJerry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey there- i LOVE dumbo ear betta's!

If you think about it like this- these little fish have never been in a fish tank .. with lights and gravel and plants and snails.. they been in tubs, bags and jars.

I dont' know about you but if i was all of sudden put into this bigger brighter place i'd be a little freaked until i realized- this place is awesome! then i'd swim around happy and thank the hand that feeds me haha

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Mine used to hide behind the heater too all of the time, but after a week he associated me with food and comes out whenever I turn the lights on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom