My Little Angel, My First Cichlid!

1. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

I'm pleased to introduce you all to Marty! I picked him up just a few days ago and he's settling in nicely. He shares the tank with a clown pleco, and he will be the only other fish in the tank as long as he lives. He's a golden angelfish, but I'm unsure of his exact color type... I know he's a golden, and that's it...

so, without further a do, I give you Marty!

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Marty is beautiful TFA. Thanks for sharing!
    Ken

3. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Very pretty angel :)
    I bought 2 of these guys along with 2 silver (wild colour) and 1 double dark

My smallest gold angel looks just like Marty :)

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations! He's gorgeous!

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

marty looks like a martina to me LOL but either way, a beauty!!!!!! congrats!

6. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Awww he is so cute! How big is he
    Btw shawnie, how do you sex angels?

7. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I rub their bellies and they tell me ;D :;th
    usually by their top fin and facial shapes ;)

8. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

TFA what a pretty little fish Marty is. May he have a long and healthy life!
    Happy New Year:;flake

9. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

thanks everybody! ;D I have a few more pictures to share, full body pictures. Hopefully he looks like the male I thought he was in this picture. :)

Whattya think Shawnie? Still a Martina? Remember, he's still young, only about the size of a half dollar (50 cent piece). Might that change later?

Attached Files:

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ive been wrong many times and probably will be so many more times ;)
    but I still think a martina lol..again you are correct...as they grow, it could change shape and such.....either way though, great looking angel :)

11. konstargirl Well Known Member Member

Marty is cute as a button. Hope you have a large tank for him because angels can be about 10 inches high but 6 inches long!! ><