My Kuhlis Are Going Crazy After A Water Change?

tealanura

Reaction score
hey! so i noticed that after i do water changes, my kuhli loaches go crazy. they zip around the tank, swim in circles, and dance around like it’s a party. i know that kuhli loaches tend to respond to changes in water quality. my tank is full of places for them to hide and it’s a well established tank that’s been running for a couple years now. they’ve always done this, and sometimes they even do it early in the morning when i turn the lights on. i was wondering if anyone knows why they do this? none of my other fish do it. i’d like to think it’s because they’re happy and excited, but i’m not sure if that’s the case. i’ve heard of kuhli loaches doing this before and as far as i’ve heard, it’s very normal and not an indicator that something is wrong. do you guys think it’s just because they’re feeling enthusiastic about water changes?

Quinn_Lamb98

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd say you are bang on. Fish are very much intune with the quality of water. My corydoras catfish do the very same thing. Nothing feels better than fresh clean water.

I did a rather large water change yesterday and my tire track eel (that I've only had for three days now) became super active and began swimming all over the tank.

tealanura

Reaction score
I'd say you are bang on. Fish are very much intune with the quality of water. My corydoras catfish do the very same thing. Nothing feels better than fresh clean water.

I did a rather large water change yesterday and my tire track eel (that I've only had for three days now) became super active and began swimming all over the tank.
aww! i’m happy to hear that. fish are really sweet and cute sometimes, and can have so much personality!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom