My Kribs..now parents..

1. slipitysmooth Initiate Member

Well I got a "pair" and turned out to be two females, so I threw in a male, one girl decided she wanted blood and tried to kill them both. I took out the aggressive one (Very loose term, now I see all Kribs are "aggressive"). About 3 weeks later my wife watched them spawn and a few days later I saw these little guys swimming around..Im pretty excited, the tank was set up to be ideal for them to breed and it is working great so far...Planning to move them into a 10g temp home once Mom gets sick of them..First two pics are from the first day I found them free swimming in the tank, the last is from about 5 days after that.

Attached Files:

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

cool pics - congrats

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

They are absolutely precious! You took some fantastic pics as well! Great job!

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

:O So cute! Great pictures :) The time you spent on the tank was well worth it!

5. slipitysmooth Initiate Member

Thanks for the compliments, some of the pics the wife took...the digital rebel does wonders over old school digital's that could barely focus through glass

Heres a more recent one from a few days ago, about 12 days old (at my best guess, from free swimming stage) Their momma was keeping a close eye on me.

Attached Files:

6. Shadowbeam Member Member

Another fantastic picture! It's great to see the babies so clearly! I love how the parents always stay so close :)

7. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

congratulations! the pics are very good quality too!

8. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Wow, those are some pretty babies and parents, do you have any experence with shipping fish? I want to get my hands on some kirbs but the suppliers to my lfs's have stopped carrying kirbs so do you think u could send me some?

9. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

do you have any other fish in that tank or only the kribs?

10. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Oh my, that last picture with the momma watching you while the babies swim under... TOO cute! :D Congrats on the new babies!

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Slipity and congrats on the new additions. Beautiful fish and wonderful photos!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Ken

12. slipitysmooth Initiate Member

I have not mailed fish before but that might be something I could look into once they are bigger...message me and we'll talk about it some.

I also have 5 white clouds in the tank to act as dither fish, but pose no true threat to the eggs or fry, seems to be working great so far.