my kribensis

melawii
First of all, hello everybody! I'm new here... don't know how to lively this kribensis forum will be but just thought I'd share my first post here since kribs happen to be my favorite fish by far I have 3 kribs in a 20 gallon long, 3 because I've had my 2 smaller ones since they were tiny and then once I knew I had at least one female I added a male. As it stands I havn't had the best of luck in breeding them (which ultimately is my goal) I think the main reason why I havn't had any sucsess is basicly, they're still too young. My breeding pair male & female have showed occasional mating behaviours, but still no fry. Both are just over an inch long, the male being slightly longer. The third wheel is my female's sister, she is still quite small and is actually just beggining to develop her first spot! I've included pictures of my kribs, mainly my breeding pair. Hope to be able to share some of my krib experience with you all and vice versa!

my female krib

135.jpg

my male krib

138.jpg

capekate
Welcome to fishlore!
WOW you have some beautiful Kribs there, and you did a fantastic job of photographing them. You should think about adding them to the species photos section for all to see when they are researching a specific species of fish!
~ kate

melawii
Welcome to fishlore!
WOW you have some beautiful Kribs there, and you did a fantastic job of photographing them. You should think about adding them to the species photos section for all to see when they are researching a specific species of fish!
~ kate

thank you! perhaps I will do that

Allie
Nice looking pair! Does the female have only 2 spots on her dorsal? She is beautiful. I had a female last year that had 3 spots, she was much more colorful than the one I have now...the one I have now has a bunch of spots.

melawii
Nice looking pair! Does the female have only 2 spots on her dorsal? She is beautiful. I had a female last year that had 3 spots, she was much more colorful than the one I have now...the one I have now has a bunch of spots.

yes she has 2 prominent spots as of now, I love spots! My other little female is just getting her first spot. I actually just bought a pair of wild kribensis for a different tank setup of mine and they have lots of spots as well, smaller tho. I seen pics of your female she is deffinately beautiful... can't wait to see how your fry turn out!

Allie
yes she has 2 prominent spots as of now, I love spots! My other little female is just getting her first spot. I actually just bought a pair of wild kribensis for a different tank setup of mine and they have lots of spots as well, smaller tho. I seen pics of your female she is deffinately beautiful... can't wait to see how your fry turn out!
Thanks...me too. I am So excited. ;D

Tom
Me like, me like. They look great.
Tom

Stradius011
Nice Kribs =)

sophie10
Great pics and nice fish. I have several pair. One pair of kribs are currently nesting, the female has 4 spots. Eggs have been down at least three days, at least that's when I noticed! I was just about to clean the tank when I saw the female buried in a clay pot. Mr Krib almost closed the entrance for her! I can post some pics if you like!
Good luck with the happy couple!

Drea
very exciting

Kribensis12
Would love some pic's of the Wild Kribensis!!!!!!!! By the way, beautiful female!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
yukondog
  • Question
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1
Replies
Views
Anders247
Replies