my juvenile clowns

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hey hey ;D yippee ;D another clown loach lover..hi there fish guy cool pics of your clowns..how many do you have? i counted three but not sure if you have more or not..they look nice and healthy ..i luv your gold spot pleco too.ive also got a pair of gold spots and five clown loaches..i personaly think you have great taste in fish speicies.. lol ;D ..would be nice to maybe see some more pics.. ..here is a pic of my 2 gold spots,my shark managed to get in the pic too.. (he loves the camera)..

thefishguy

Reaction score
hey wassup.yup i love clowns.they are so cool and thanks i think you got great taste in fish species too.
i have only three clowns along with my pleco,syno petricola,and angels.i will be sure to post new pics soon.i really wanted to show off my syno but he always hides in the wood. .i would also like to see more pics of your fish soon.
the fish guy

thefishguy

Reaction score
ohh yah i was wondering about my pleco.now i was told it was a leopard sailfin pleco.are the leopard and the gold spot the same thing?help please.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love clowns and wish SO MUCH I could have a tank big enough to hold them, but too bad, it would be me or the tank in my home. I will have to live vicariously through you and Butterfly and some of the others here so send more pictures as you get them PLEASE to satisfy my clown addiction ;D!!

Rose

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi heres a picture of my Sailfin plec.Nice clowns ive got 3 myself and love them .

thefishguy

Reaction score
wow nice pleco.so i guess i do have a leopard sailfin instead of a gold spot pleco.i ll be sure to post more pic for you people.i will do it tonight or maybe right now.

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi there fish guy ..im pretty sure your pleco is a gold spot plec the scientific name is Glyptoperichthys joselimaianus ..the gold spots have a dark body with lighter spots,where as the sailfin plec has a lighter body with darker spots..i dont think the gold spot gets as big as the sailfin either....here is a few links so you can make your own mind up.. im sure the scientific name is correct but some sites will call its common name a marbled sailfin plec,or gold spot plec :-\ ..which one to believe im unsure..but when i bought mine they were called goldspots in the shop so i just went with that..

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats why if you can get it at the lfs its nice to have the scientific name. Common names are different all over the world for the same fish
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom