Question my job or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayham26

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I had a question about the forums mainly mine and if its my job to delete them if there is no real info on them. I have read that where trying to clean up the forums and I would like not to clutter the site. I am new to this and if I'm not doing what I need to do let me know. Thanks

OP
J

jayham26

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well we all chatter, and you have given me good advice in the past so thanks for that.
So do the forums get cleaned up on there own? over time

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I had a question about the forums mainly mine and if its my job to delete them if there is no real info on them. I have read that where trying to clean up the forums and I would like not to clutter the site. I am new to this and if I'm not doing what I need to do let me know. Thanks
Hi jayham, welcome to FishLore
You don't have to worry about deleting threads. If a thread needs to be deleted, it's the moderators job to determine if it needs to be deleted.

If you realize you posted a thread in the wrong forum or changed your mind about wanting to post it, you can delete it as long as there are no responses.
If others have responded, members don't have the ability to delete threads.

The moderation team regularly does some cleaning up. Usually that consists of chat in Pictures Only Forums, chat and old ads in the B/S/T forum, duplicates among other things.

You're doing fine.

And....(ahem Meenu lol)....you see from some threads it's fine to joke around too.

Edit: Threads are automatically locked and sent to archives 6 months after the last post.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I know the mods move threads to appropriate parts of the forum. Not sure what happens to chatter goof-off threads, but they are in the general discussion part of the forum. But I think that fish questions stay. After a few months (6?) without responses, they get locked. I don't know if someone does a mass clean-up every couple of years or not.

Edit: and there you have it - the ultimate ninja, Lucy, has taken the guesswork out of my answer.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know the mods move threads to appropriate parts of the forum. Not sure what happens to chatter goof-off threads, but they are in the general discussion part of the forum. But I think that fish questions stay. After a few months (6?) without responses, they get locked. I don't know if someone does a mass clean-up every couple of years or not.

Edit: and there you have it - the ultimate ninja, Lucy, has taken the guesswork out of my answer.
Thanks lucy thats why I asked the question and now I know so Thanks
You're welcome! Relax and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%