my Jack Dempsey

Somethingfishy

Hey guys, I bought a Jack, and he's currently in my 28 gal. while my 75 gal is being cycled. (but he's still tiny so I'm OK for now) But I just noticed that he likes to change colors... ? any ideas, he's getting along with my 2 bumblebee chichlids? they all have their own cave so...

just wondering if this was odd?
Thanks

atmmachine816

Re: my jack...

Don't know about them, by bumblee bee cichlids were they the gobys we were talking about or are they different.

Somethingfishy

not sure... They change color as well, they hide in my pirate ship and turn jet black, very cool to watch. but they don't bother eachother the jack, can't tell sex... but the jack Definitely changes color as well. maybe its the new thing I the fish world, I'll get a few pics later on in the week.

atmmachine816

I don't know much about the jack but I think they get pretty aggressive. Get 8" or so

Somethingfishy

no, that's not them...

its someone elses page. but that's them.

Somethingfishy

this is better

atmmachine816

O nice fish,

Somethingfishy

yea, I can hand feed them... its awesome. but I still am wondering why the jack changes colors too? I still need more caves. but they're all getting along.. no nipping, a few chases, but nothing crazy, heck, i've seen them all in the same cave...!!!

JaggyB

Something Fishy said:
yea, I can hand feed them...   its awesome.  but I still am wondering why the jack changes colors too?  I still need more caves.  but they're all getting along..  no nipping, a few chases, but nothing crazy, heck, i've seen them all in the same cave...!!!
I have to baby Jacks, well one has grown a good lil bit so he's not really much of baby. He's a bully now... but they change colors, which isn't really that much of a color change, they get black, usually when afraid

giz23mo

I have a mating pair around 4 inches both and around 100 of there fry now about 1" big.
there cool fish they get dark when there territorial and aggressive, and light when just minding there own. and also dark wen ready to mate

CPVFD325

My Dempsey changes also

I have a Jack that is about 1 1/2 inches long and he changes colors constantly also. He goes from a very dark black with his spots and stripes. Then he'll change to a very washed out light gray with the stripes still visable.....strange....I figured it was just his mood changing. My small tiger Oscar does the same thing.....

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom