My Introduction

AV8BDriver

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello to all!

My name is Bruce and I am new to the forum. I recently got back into the hobby after a 20+ year hiatus. My return was sort of my birthday present to me as well as a cure for the pandemic boredom.

I have been excited to see the changes in the hobby as well as the constants. I look forward to hearing any advice and comments that you may have to offer.

I recently (6 weeks ago) set up my aquarium. The initial cycling went well. I cycled for nearly 3 weeks using both ammonia and a bit of fish food. Once I was confident that things were stable, I added some fish and kept a close eye on everything. After a couple issue free weeks, I added a few more fish. All in all, I am happy with my aquatic adventure thus far. Once I have relearned and improved my skills, I look forward to creating a planted tank.
D9913C5A-EA7F-4260-B219-CE1A9C2E9F44.jpeg

Bruce

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello and welcome to fishlore! Welcome back to the hobby as well! your tank is already looking very nice.

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You wont regret getting back into it!....until you go down the rabbit hole of more tanks and become broke ;)

OP
AV8BDriver

AV8BDriver

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Funny you say that JuiceBox52, I was just thinking the same thing. Another tank here, another tank there. How bad could that be? Hey, where did my money go!

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
AV8BDriver said:
Funny you say that JuiceBox52, I was just thinking the same thing. Another tank here, another tank there. How bad could that be? Hey, where did my money go!
Story of my life right this moment haha

OP
AV8BDriver

AV8BDriver

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Well you were right about collecting tanks. I got another tank already. Actually two. One, is a 20 gallon quarantine tank and the other is a 110 gallon. Finding a place for the 20 gallon was not an issue. The 110 on the other hand, didn’t come with a stand, so I had to build one. That was a chore, as I have never really built anything from scratch. I built a stand and a hood. Fortunately for me, there is a lot of info on YouTube!

Attachments

jmaldo

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nice Job, are you sure you're a rookie carpenter?
LOL
Welcome to the community and Good Luck!

OP
AV8BDriver

AV8BDriver

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks! I am absolutely a rookie. I bought a miter saw, some wood, a couple boxes of screws and fired up YouTube LOL! Total cost of materials including hinges was $117. I think that is a bargain. I believe it would cost much more to buy something like this. The most difficult part was moving this stuff down to my basement.

New Threads