My Idea

1. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

I've had an idea but im not 2 sure i want 2 get a smaller tank 2 fill a gap in my room and im thinkin of puttin a bristlenose sucker fish and a fancy goldfish in there but i dont know !! ?? I thought it could act as some kind of quarantine tank as well, what do u guys and girls think? Should i take it on?

C W

2. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

How big is the tank gonna be? Goldfish need at least 20 gallons to swim in.

3. OP
    OP
    C

out goes that idea then its only about a 5-10 gallon i dont think i'll go 4 it

4. OP
    OP
    C

i use alot of fake plants but i would LOVE 2 use real plants but the proper pH 7.0 stuff i use from aqarium pharmaceuticals says on the bak DO NOT USE THIS pH BUFFER WITH LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS so that sucks!!!! i said!! actually any ideas on this guys and girls?? could i hav live plants?

CHEERS

C W

5. G

Why are you using the ph buffer? I don't use any kind of buffer in any of my tanks. That would be the easy solution.

6. OP
    OP
    C

i use it 2 get my pH to 7.0 without it im sure my pH would b terrible

7. G

Definately get a ph test next time you go to the fishie store. Mine is 7.6 and all my fish are doing great. Unless your ph is over 8.0 or maybe even higher, I would not worry too much about changing it with chemicals.

8. OP
    OP
    C

i hav a pH test kit its about 6.8

9. OP
    OP
    C

the water i put in2 my tank every water change each week is readin 7.2

10. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

That's pretty simialr to mine, I dont think you'll need to use the chemicals its pretty close to 7.0 so I think you''l be all right to have plants

11. OP
    OP
    C

lol!! i think i'll stop usin the pH 7.0 stuff then