My Idea

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
I've had an idea but I'm not 2 sure I want 2 get a smaller tank 2 fill a gap in my room and I'm thinkin of puttin a bristlenose sucker fish and a fancy goldfish in there but I don't know !! ?? I thought it could act as some kind of quarantine tank as well, what do u guys and girls think? Should I take it on?

C W

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
How big is the tank gonna be? Goldfish need at least 20 gallons to swim in.

OP
C

Craig

Well Known
Reaction score
I use a lot of fake plants but I would LOVE 2 use real plants but the proper pH 7.0 stuff I use from aqarium pharmaceuticals says on the bak DO NOT USE THIS pH BUFFER WITH LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS so that sucks!!!! I said!! actually any ideas on this guys and girls?? could I hav live plants?

CHEERS

C W

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Why are you using the ph buffer? I don't use any kind of buffer in any of my tanks. That would be the easy solution.

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Definitely get a ph test next time you go to the fishie store. Mine is 7.6 and all my fish are doing great. Unless your ph is over 8.0 or maybe even higher, I would not worry too much about changing it with chemicals.

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
That's pretty simialr to mine, I don't think you'll need to use the chemicals its pretty close to 7.0 so I think you''l be all right to have plants

New Threads