My Idea

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

I've had an idea but im not 2 sure i want 2 get a smaller tank 2 fill a gap in my room and im thinkin of puttin a bristlenose sucker fish and a fancy goldfish in there but i dont know !! ?? I thought it could act as some kind of quarantine tank as well, what do u guys and girls think? Should i take it on?

C W

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

How big is the tank gonna be? Goldfish need at least 20 gallons to swim in.

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

out goes that idea then its only about a 5-10 gallon i dont think i'll go 4 it

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

i use alot of fake plants but i would LOVE 2 use real plants but the proper pH 7.0 stuff i use from aqarium pharmaceuticals says on the bak DO NOT USE THIS pH BUFFER WITH LIVE AQUARIUM PLANTS so that sucks!!!! i said!! actually any ideas on this guys and girls?? could i hav live plants?

CHEERS

C W

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Why are you using the ph buffer? I don't use any kind of buffer in any of my tanks. That would be the easy solution.

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

i use it 2 get my pH to 7.0 without it im sure my pH would b terrible

7. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Definately get a ph test next time you go to the fishie store. Mine is 7.6 and all my fish are doing great. Unless your ph is over 8.0 or maybe even higher, I would not worry too much about changing it with chemicals.

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

i hav a pH test kit its about 6.8

9. Craig Well Known Member Member

the water i put in2 my tank every water change each week is readin 7.2

10. Jason Well Known Member Member

That's pretty simialr to mine, I dont think you'll need to use the chemicals its pretty close to 7.0 so I think you''l be all right to have plants

11. Craig Well Known Member Member

lol!! i think i'll stop usin the pH 7.0 stuff then