My idea for a dream aquarium build.

Utar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
This is my dream build, and that is where it will stay a dream. Hey if your going to dream then dream big right.

I have a wall in my house that is ten feet long by eight feet high. Using this wall to build the tank eight feet long, six feet high, four feet wide. Build this out of wood with a glass show front and maybe a port hole on the side.

Above the side port hole will be a mechanical drawer with a custom made electric automatic feeder. A feeder with four rotating barrels, one at 12 o'clock, 3, 6, and 9. Each barrel can hold different kinds of fish food and each barrel will have an independent time setting rotating clock wise.

The water will only be about 4 1/2 to 5 feet high inside the tank. So that large plants can grow up and over the top of the water but still be under the lights on the top inside of the tank. Create a jungle look inside the tank.

The fish Maybe Archer fish. Possibly set free some flying bugs that might land on the plants above the water line and watch the Archer Fish shoot them with their spray.

Or a giant Arowana with Rope Fish for tank mates.

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like the archer fish idea. Id love to make one end terrestrial and have dart frogs or something similar in it. I saw a great big vivarium here a yr or 2 back i think i posted a pic here thats always made me want to use one as a wall.

OP
Utar

Utar

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
smee82 said:
I like the archer fish idea. Id love to make one end terrestrial and have dart frogs or something similar in it. I saw a great big vivarium here a yr or 2 back i think i posted a pic here thats always made me want to use one as a wall.
Yes that is a good idea, maybe do this with turtles also. I can figure how much the wood would cost, but the plate glass front is the unknown for me. I don't have a clue how to figure up the thickness, type of glass, size to use, and cost. If I was to venture to guess the cost, it would at least be a 1,000 dollars US.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom