My Husband Is Mad At Me

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
BUT HOW COULD I LEAVE HIM IN HIS LITTLE CUP LIKE THIS

Hes way too beautiful! Ive never seen a green betta... now any experts id love to know what type he is. He was sold as a dragonscale, but I just know hes way too pretty to leave behind. We went to the store for dog toys.

Attachments

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
Give hubby a steak for dinner....that'll sort him

The Betta is stunning and no you could not leave the little sweety in a miserable tiny half sized drinking cup.....the dog will have to wait a bit for the toy but he/she can always share hubby's steak if sulking

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow! He’s gorgeous. I was never into Bettas but I may rethink my stocking plan for my bedroom 10 g if I find something like that.
Oh geez, now I’m going to be looking at all the Bettas when I go to the fish store.
You are a total enabler. :joyful:
Can’t help with hubby though. Mine is as big of an animal mush as I am!

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
pagoda said:
Give hubby a steak for dinner....that'll sort him

The Betta is stunning and no you could not leave the little sweety in a miserable tiny half sized drinking cup.....the dog will have to wait a bit for the toy but he/she can always share hubby's steak if sulking
More hes rolling his eyes over it. He was there when I grabbed this little guy, but I refused to leave the store without bringing him home too lol doggy got her toys too, so win win

Basil said:
Wow! He’s gorgeous. I was never into Bettas but I may rethink my stocking plan for my bedroom 10 g if I find something like that.
Oh geez, now I’m going to be looking at all the Bettas when I go to the fish store.
You are a total enabler. :joyful:
Can’t help with hubby though. Mine is as big of an animal mush as I am!
I started with bettas. I had one boy, he was inherited from family who didnt want him anymore. They had him for 5 years before me. They tried to purposely kill him through all sorts of neglect. Deliberately. No conditioning his water, starving him, purposely exposing him to drastic temperature changes... I felt sorry for him so I took him home with me. Got him out of his half-gallon bowl and into a 5gal hexagon tank with some fake plants and rocks... better water. I named him Tank, because he survived all the horrors they put him through. I had him another 4 years. He became so old he couldnt even swim. I kept his water lower for him and he would lay right on his leaf where he only had to lift his head for food. He survived so much, he deserved to go on his own terms. He passed peacefully and its him who made me really love bettas. He lived at least 9 years, and a lot of it was nightmarish.

Bettas thrive so much better with bigger tanks and I prefer them with other fish (obvs not other bettas lol). I like how they just like to relax and pig out a lot. Even the dull females are full of personality.

This new boy seems young, hes half the size of my female veiltail... mind you shes massive lol. I hope I have many good years with him. His colours were just so perfect. Green is my favourite colour and ive never seen a green betta. Plus he was so lively at the store too.

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Green is also my fav color. And my bedroom is a light sage green. A green Betta would look fantastic.
I’ll be keeping an eye out now!

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Totally agree! I was never really into bettas, but that one is gorgeous! I have a 5 gallon bedroom tank, so maybe I'll think about betta this go. All the betta stories I read here get me wanting one! Hahaha!

I get the hubby thing. He loves animals like I do, but not fish! He's in the "it's just a fish" crowd. So frustrating!

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I look at bettas every time I'm at a pet store (and have done so since I was a kid, which is why I grew up with bettas) and have a hard time not taking one home. The only thing stopping me is that I've nowhere to put another one and have nearly more fish than I can handle as it is! So I have to leave the store internally crying instead

RyanC14

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CheshireKat said:
I look at bettas every time I'm at a pet store (and have done so since I was a kid, which is why I grew up with bettas) and have a hard time not taking one home. The only thing stopping me is that I've nowhere to put another one and have nearly more fish than I can handle as it is! So I have to leave the store internally crying instead
omg same haha. I keep seeing orange (which is my favorite color) koI bettas at a petsmart near me and I've been dying to get one. I just freed up a 10 gallon tank though so I'm planning on getting one as soon as possible!

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hes all set up in his new home and hes just really pretty in it too

My husband is an animal lover too, but hes logical lol

I'm debating on names for him, if anyone has ideas. So far ive thought Noel, because he is christmas coloured, but that's a pretty cliche name so I'm iffy.

Attachments

RyanC14

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Draco or Drake maybe? His green coloration reminds me of dragon scales and the red reminds me of fire.

OP
MissNoodle

MissNoodle

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
RyanC14 said:
Draco or Drake maybe? His green coloration reminds me of dragon scales and the red reminds me of fire.
I do like Drake, I'm gonna throw it on the list

Aprilamy

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is beautiful and lucky to go with someone who will appreciate him. Loved the story of your first Betta.

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
CheshireKat said:
I'm quoting myself right now because I think like a week after I wrote this, I ended up taking home a baby betta I thought was sick, perhaps dying... But he just needed an actual home! He's still not much to look at, he's so young, but I'm sure he'll be handsome!

New Threads