My Honey Gourami Won’t Eat!!!!!

trash.binh91
I got him a few days ago and he was doing fine, but just recently he stopped eating, what can I do. I fed him frozen bloodworms, because that was all I had that he would eat, and now I am trying to introduce tropical flakes.

Abby565
What size tank, what tankmates, and what are the water parameters?

trash.binh91
10 gallon, I have two females coming tomorrow, and we don’t have a water testing kit. All I know is that the ph is 7 and I have conditioned water

NLindsey921
Did you cycle the tank?

trash.binh91
No, I did not, I am a noob to the industry, but I am wondering why he suddenly stopped eating. Don’t judge me I don’t have a filter

trash.binh91
Now my fish does not even take interest in the food, she is obsessed with swimming around the heater and swimming with her reflection.

puffer boi
I would rehome that honey and get a filter and cycle your tank other wise it will probably die

trash.binh91
I would rehome that honey and get a filter and cycle your tank other wise it will probably die
you see, I’m young and my family will not allow me to get a filter

puffer boi
you see, I’m young and my family will not allow me to get a filter
then I suggest you do 30% water changes everyday.
I'm also 13

trash.binh91
What about school and homework, will Moss balls do some work in filtering

puffer boi
What about school and homework, will Moss balls do some work in filtering
doing a 30% waterchange is not hard. just take out 30% water and then fill it back up with water. make sure its is dechlorinated.
moss ball won't do much. if you heavliy plant your tank( a ton of plants) then you won't need a to do 30% water changes.

trash.binh91
Oh, I was considering to get live plants to replace my fake ones

doing a 30% waterchange is not hard. just take out 30% water and then fill it back up with water. make sure its is dechlorinated.
moss ball won't do much. if you heavliy plant your tank( a ton of plants) then you won't need a to do 30% water changes.
Do you condition your water

puffer boi
trash.binh91
yes you need to.
Oh I do condition my water, I was just wondering if you did, so my plan for changing water is to always have a few gallons of conditioned water next to my tank, than take out 30% every day and replace it with conditioned water. I don’t have to worry about lowering my temperature bacause I have a heater.

wheres my clout

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Fishstery
Replies
Views
Mii
Replies
Views
Fae