My heater isn't working- that is the second largest problem at hand

DrogJustDrog

The tank is undergoing a fishless cycle, so it's not too big of a deal right now. Where this becomes a concern is convincing someone near to me who when I brought up I had a heater (because I've kept the details of the tank secretive to anyone other than the other person helping me on this) said I didn't need it because the house is already at 70 degrees.

Okay- how do I convince this person water won't always assume the exact temperature of a room?

As well as how can I get my heater working again if I can without buying a new one since I've tried switching outlets. This happened after a water change and fussing with it's placement in the tank.

Edit: The heater is a Tetra brand heater meant for 2-15 gal. tanks.

jkkgron2

DrogJustDrog said:
The tank is undergoing a fishless cycle, so it's not too big of a deal right now. Where this becomes a concern is convincing someone near to me who when I brought up I had a heater (because I've kept the details of the tank secretive to anyone other than the other person helping me on this) said I didn't need it because the house is already at 70 degrees.

Okay- how do I convince this person water won't always assume the exact temperature of a room?

As well as how can I get my heater working again if I can without buying a new one since I've tried switching outlets. This happened after a water change and fussing with it's placement in the tank.

Edit: The heater is a Tetra brand heater meant for 2-15 gal. tanks.
I’m not sure how to convince them but you may want to just try to let it sit for a few hours and then try again.

AggressiveAquatics

Just bring some good points into the argument like. Beneficial bacteria grows fastest at 82 degrees and i don’t know what fish your getting but if your getting a tropical fish you need 75-80 degrees depending on the fish

DrogJustDrog

I just figured out the problem- the light that says it's heating was covered up by the suction cup.
Whoops! thanks for the help!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom