My hamsters new cage!

kimberlyKeidron
So I went and made an adoption today.

They're staying in the old hamster cage until they're big enough for the new cage.

Both female, ones a little more timid. Haven't thought of names yet.

Advertisement
Tika
So so cute !

Aquaphobia
Cinnamon and Sugar!

Advertisement
kimberlyKeidron
I think those are actually very suiting!

kimberlyKeidron
I think cinnamon (the blonde one) may be sick. I didn't notice it in he store but she's kind of thin and more skittish and "lazy" than the other. I'm going to get some pedialite today to help out. Are there any treats that even a sick rat couldn't refuse? Like bloodworms for fish

Aquaphobia
Uhoh. Did you buy the from a store? Some pet shops have vets on staff and may check her out for free within a certain timeframe.

I would also suggest joining a good rat forum

Advertisement
kimberlyKeidron
I went to pet land bc I've been scoping for weeks and they always seem very healthy.

thepianoguy
very nice!

Aquaphobia
They could have been exposed to something in the store or even have been carrying mycoplasmas. I think most, if not all, rats carry it but it only shows symptoms when their immune systems are compromised.

http://www.rmca.org/Articles/respir.htm

kimberlyKeidron
That actually helped a lot.

Thank Aqua! I'll be taking them both to the vet Wednesday. So now I at least know what to ask going in.

Aquaphobia
Good luck

I'd also like to add that my stupid autocorrect changed the name of the disease. It should be Mycoplasmosis

Bithimala
So happy to see you got rats! They are amazing pets.

Are they refusing food?

kimberlyKeidron
The blonde one was gone when I came home yesterday.. I think she was just too far gone.

Petland did replace her for free, I just didn't want to leave the other one alone.

The new one looks just like koko(the brown rat) but is blonde instead.

Bithimala
I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it. Definitely hope the other two will flourish. If they start refusing food, I'd really say that's a cause for concern. I was having a hard time thinking of any food my last rat wouldn't happily accept.

kimberlyKeidron
Well they both have a vet appointment Wednesday. They aren't refusing food. But the new ones kinda timid about taking it directly from me

Bithimala
I bet they're just getting used to you. Fingers crossed for a clean bill of health

kimberlyKeidron

Here's the new girl enjoying some food. I know she has some respiratory issues as she's breathing kind of heavily. I'm trying to keep my room well ventilated and hope she'll be okay until Wednesday.

Aquaphobia
Aww, I'm really sorry you lost her x

Hope the new one settles in OK!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bettaf1sh 7789
Replies
Views
bettaf1sh 7789
Replies
Views