My Guppy's tail

1. scardiecat Initiate Member

Hi everyone,
    My tank is finally doing great!!!   I emptied it completely and started all over...   I scrubbed everything.....   It has been two weeks now and I haven't lost anymore fish!!! ;D ;D
    I have o nitrite, 0 nitrate, .25 ammonia....Oh yea,  I think my beta ate one of the guppy's tails..  Will it grow back?? :eek: :eek:[/font]
    I am so happy!!!!Connie

2. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

it will grow back my platys tail grew back

3. Jon Well Known Member Member

why did you start over? now you have to cycle all over again and from the looks of it your cycle has just begun.

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Especially since you have no nitrites or nitrates, but .25 ammonia, Expect large spikes of ammonia, ad then shortly following large spikes of nitrites and nitrates (once ur bacteria establishes itself) -- Be prepared to do lots of water changes!!!!

What was the reason for starting over, if i may ask?

5. scardiecat Initiate Member

I cleaned and changed everything because all I was doing was killing fish...  After three weeks of killing fish I figured the bio wheel should be established..  Everything is good now...  I am testing the water every other day...  So far everything has stayed low... this is the second week no more dead fish...  water is clear... only thing going on now is blue guppy lost his tail....  Last night all readings were 0.
    Let me know if I am doing wrong still!!!! ??? ???

6. Jon Well Known Member Member

you are doing wrong stop cleaning your tank let it cycle fish will die but thats natural if your using fish to cycle.... by changing everythign you are stressing your fish and constantly taking it back to stage 1 of the cycle... your amonia will go up then your nitrites then amonia will drop and nitrates will go up then nitrite will drop. it happens its natural and its not pretty... you cant avoid it just let it come.