My guppys front fins have gone black Help

1. passion336 Initiate Member

for some strange reason my male guppys fins have gone black and his mouth has too

Also I got another male guppy as it wouldnt leave my tux platty male alone
    now quess what?

yep both the buggers are following the platty, mabe I have a very confused or pair of gay guppys????

kind regards

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

oh no passion!! im sorry... you are having a ton of issues in that tank arent you....i think its time to get the betta out and get the tank properly cycled...can you get a pic? sounds like a major case of fin rot which is caused usually by nipping and injuries that get more irritated with bad water conditions...or its their natural colors ..but a pic would help

3. click Well Known Member Member

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. What kind of guppy is he? I have a tux guppy that has his mouth and half of the frontal fins black. Are you sure is not normal coloring? A pic would help.

4. Llama Well Known Member Member

I had a pair of male guppies, and it does seem that males fight with each other.

AND I had a male guppy 'chase away' a male platy too.

I think its infected fin-nip to be honest.

5. passion336 Initiate Member

Ok picture on the way in a few mins:

I have got waterlife-- myxazin for fin rot

can i use this with aqua safe?

the maxazin say dont use with ::protozin or cuprazin?

also with the green x stop the cycle as it attracts the nitrite and nitrat?

im failing so much.,..... i just want them to be safe and happy

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I know its hard when we first start and fish stores give you so much wrong advice...at this point, id do daily 30-40% water changes with your aquasafe and try very hard to find prime and stress coat+ ...thats all you need....

id also try to soak all their food in some fresh garlic juice which you usually can find at your local grocery stores....im wishing you tons of luck!

7. passion336 Initiate Member

ok I will do tomorrow

so just 1 more thing:: will the green x stop the cycle? or not ?

keep it or throw it??

thank you so much i will try my best to keep my fish safe and out of harms way

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

*ditto Shawnie's advice

Also, according to the info I can find on it, Green-X is not an instant cycle product, so it should not affect a tank's cycle; though I don't think your tank is cycled yet. It seems to be kinda like Prime, but with one big difference - no ammonia neutralizer. In combination with incompatible tank mates, ammonia is what's hurting your fishies, imo. Water changes and rehoming incompatible fishies is the best cure. :)

I know it's so confusing with so many different products out there, especially when trying to find things in one country or another. Try not to get too frustrated or down on yourself! We've ALL been there. It's great that you're asking questions and clearly care about your fin babies! :console: