My guppy have tumor? or what is this bump! Pic inside Help 

nerrrdd

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I saw this bump tumor like a week ago but I lost my camera adapter so I have to go to my mom to get another so, here is the pic of her bump near by her gravid spot. Btw she's been preggy for 2-3 months now but never drop a fry.

Is thiss bump dangerous? She's been swimming around normal like nothing happen. What is this bump anyways? How come it suddenly appears? what cause it and how to treat it.

501.jpg

503.jpg

505.jpg

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Nerrrdd,

Sorry to see that your fish has a skin issue.

Best wishes. Hold for more responses.

Ken

nerrrdd

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hm.. nothing looks like it... ><

SFwriter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This looks like it could be nodular disease. The other possibility I can dig up is that it might be lymphocytis.

In either case, the fish should be isolated as this could be contagious, particularly through a wound on a healthy fish, or if this fish is eaten after it dies.

You can try to treat with melafix but depending on what the bump is, it may or may not be effective.

You can see descriptions at this web site, which seem to be consistent with Manual of fish Health. https://www.missreeftank.net/diseases.htm

Unfortunately, if the Melafix doesn't work there may be nothing you can do but keep the fish isolated and comfortable. You may eventually have to put him down.

nerrrdd

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
isolate as in can I put seperator or must be in totally different tank? because I have no more tank : ( both filled with fishes.

SFwriter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They recommend quarantine. If you don't have that as an option, keep a close eye on this fish.

nerrrdd

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
what are the things that I should be watching out for as what I am really concern right now is if it spreads to others. So far, she has this bump for a week now and no other fish have it.

I'm thinking of putting her in a 3gal bucket with no heater, water cleaner, no pump, nothing.

Is this a good idea or should I just keep the fish in the tank with the others.

SFwriter

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maybe run out to Walmart or Petsmart and pick up a 1 or 2 gallon tank with filtration.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I wouldn't recommend putting her in a bucket with nothing, she's a tropical fish that needs the heat for a start. You can go and get a small quarantine tank, but make sure it is cycled (Use some filter media from your existing tanks) or it could cause her more problems.

Best of luck, I've never seen this before either, she's a nice girl, I had one similar!

nerrrdd

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hihihI :d thanks all, I never see anything like this either and i'm hoping someday someone would and tell me what is it.

Yeah, I place her in a 3gal goldfish tank with filter. good thing it's summer now. Even without heater, the water is 78F

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads