My Guppies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
My Guppies tend to stay at the top of the tank. They don't seem sick or anything, they don't gasp for oxygen or seem to flounder, they eat well and occasionally venture down into the middle of the tank.... but is it normal for them to stay at the top most of the time? I've seen guppies at the stores, ane they are swimming all over the place. My pH is ok, the amonia level is 0, and I have a "bubble wand" to inhance aeration.........
Any tips or help you can give me would be really appreciated!!!

S.

ncje

Valued Member
Reaction score
Im not sure whats totally normal. I guess your guppies ould be waiting at the top for food knowing thats where it will come from. I have 4 and 3 are always around the top, they venture down among the plants to pick when they know it will be awhile before feeding. I have one that is always in the plants looking for something to eat... until feed time.

OP
S

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you, ncje! You've at least eased my mind! I keep waiting for either the Lady Guppies or Mrs. Sword to give birth.... we have a little 3 gallon set up as a nursery for just such an occasion. My luck would be they have babies while I'm sleeping or at work....

S.

Christopher

Reaction score
My guppy fry did that for the first 5-6 weeks so if your guppies are young that might be why or if they were kept in a breeder box they might feel more comfortable at the top because they have been living there for a long time, but i am not exactly sure if this is true but this is what happened to me.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have guppies in four tanks and there are always some at the top. I think their the food lookouts of course they could just want to be first at the food.
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom