My guppies aren't eating.

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Kaelajay04, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Kaelajay04New MemberMember

I have 4 guppies, 2 male 2 female, I just put the babies in about a day ago and now they aren't eating their food. My snails also had babies and I don't know where my adults keep going. Any advice? Thanks, I'll check the comments when I'm back from school.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. fbn

fbnWell Known MemberMember

What kind of snails? If they keep disappearing, I'm guessing you have Malaysian Trumpet Snails. These snails breed a lot and do bury themselves in the gravel.

As for your fish not eating, I'm guessing you have a water quality problem. With a large amount of snails and 4 guppies + babies, you have a large bioload for such a small tank. If I were you, I'd immediately start doing large water changes. Additionally, you want to begin looking for a bigger tank if you are allowed.

3. OP
    OP
    K

Kaelajay04New MemberMember

I don't know what kind of snails. They are very small and brown. I do at least two water changes a week. And I just really put the babies in so they can have a filter. They stop eating like right and then put the babies in. And no I'm not allowed to get a bigger tank. When the babies get bigger I'm giving them away

And I only have 2 snails.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice