My guppies are lost in the mail :(

junebug

I just thought I'd share my lament with you. I finally ordered some mapleleaf guppies from Livefins. The guy INSISTED on sending them on Saturday (no idea why) even though I told him Monday is a better shipping day for where I live. Now they're not here, they were supposed to arrive on Monday, and the tracking info says they're still in Florida.

D:

endlercollector

So sorry to hear that!

junebug

D: I know. They will resend them, I think with no cost to me, but it's still sad I'm hoping they magically arrive tomorrow and are fine.

sheilashoelady

That is bizarre. Sorry to hear it!

Heros severus

I was just looking at those!

Tonia

Awww, I've got my fingers crossed for those guppies, June. Hope they arrive soon.

drake7

It better be no cost to you. In what right mind would a seller ship live fish on a Saturday??

shelleyd2008

I once had a package that was sent on Friday (by me) wait until Monday morning before starting its journey. It literally sat at my sort facility all weekend. The only thing I can figure as to why is because anything 'live' has to be on a pressurized plane. If the pressurized flights get full before they get everything loaded, some things have to wait for the next one.

You should call the post office or the 1-800 number and inquire about it. They will enter an inquiry for a lost package into the system and will track it down. Surprisingly, this usually works and the box gets to its destination very soon after.

drake7 said:
It better be no cost to you. In what right mind would a seller ship live fish on a Saturday??
Why not? Most priority shipments are at least 2 days, so shipping on Saturday means delivery on Monday. If my post office was open later on Saturday (they close at 10:30) I would ship on Saturdays. Maybe the guy has a real job and Saturday is the only day he can make it to the post office?

jrmh clckm

So sorry to hear that, and they better send them at no cost to you. That would be totally rotten if they tried to make you pay for them.

junebug

Saturday is usually a fine shipping day, it's just because of where I live. The packages usually arrive on Monday when shipped saturday, but when they don't, they are generally very late.

Rivieraneo

junebug said:
Saturday is usually a fine shipping day, it's just because of where I live. The packages usually arrive on Monday when shipped saturday, but when they don't, they are generally very late.
Crossing my fingers June your guppies arrive ok, we've been having good weather, so hopefully they are sitting in a nice warm CalI mail distribution center waiting to be delivered to you tomorrow.

fishnewbie33

Any guppy sightings yet?

junebug

Mail isn't here yet. Still no updates on the usps site either I'm hoping the seller hears back from the postal service. He opened a ticket with them to find out what's going on. Apparently he sent a bunch of shipments out on Saturday and not a single one appears to have moved from Brooksville, where he lives.

junebug

They arrived today! Everyone is alive, including some fry that he'd included. And OMG so many extras... I got a bundle of plants, and the trio of adults plus a TON of juvies and fry. I now see why people pay so much for livefins auctions.

Will not hesitate to buy from them again.

thefishnoob

That's a relief! My shrimp took 10+ days in transit, only 2 adults and 1 juvie survived. But, it still made it. Sometimes USPS sucks

Kiara1125

Glad everything is ok! I was shipping goldfish, livebearers, cories, even my half grown angelfish who was the size of my hand. They got lost in shipping and everyone but the goldfish died. I lost 14 fish out of 19 ...

junebug

Aww I hate when stuff like that happens.

Rivieraneo

<(------ fishstradamous, told ya

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

Berylla

So glad everything is ok.

junebug

He sent me like a bazillion extras... mostly male :/ I feel bad for the two grown up girls lol. They are both ready to pop.

Anyone want some really cute guppy boys?

haha I will have to sort through the fry he sent over the next few days and see if I can put together a sale group. Hopefully I find a few females in there.

sheilashoelady

I could take a few off your hands. Just 2 females and 1 male in my 13 gallon

junebug

Eh he only sent extra boys :/ We'll see what I end up with in the fry (there were a few randoms in the bag). I think there are 4 males (possibly 5) and two females, and a handful of few week old fry.

endlercollector

Were some of the fry born in transit?

My Endler's would have eaten them all :b

junebug

Not born in transit. They look to be about 3 weeks old, possibly a bit older if my rios are any way to judge. They mature pretty slowly. I have a feeling that's to do with most Tanaka strains. They stay tiny and grow slowly

And I doubt they are fry eaters. I hear his strains don't hunt their fry

endlercollector

junebug said:
And I doubt they are fry eaters. I hear his strains don't hunt their fry
I see lotsa lotsa guppies in your future, and I don't even need to read a fortune cookie!

junebug

Haha well fortunately if they're anything like the rios, they'll only have a few fry at a time. I've only seen 7 newborns in the rio tank at a time, and I think a few of them were from a different female.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom