My Guppies All Died

Feather

Reaction score
I got 2 guppies, a yoyo fish, and 2 neons a few weeks ago for my ten gallon tank, and they were doing great. Then I recently added a catfish, 2 harlequin rasboras, another neon, and 2 more guppies. They all seemed to be doing fine for around a week or so, but this morning I checked on them and all four guppies were dead. Any ideas on what could have caused this?

None of the other fish seem off at all, besides the catfish acting a bit strange. It just sits on the floor of the tank and doesn’t move now. He did swim around a bit a few times but it was only for a few seconds then he went back to the same spot. I’m not sure if this is normal for catfish. He’s just usually more active.

Also, I acclimated them by leaving the closed bags in the tank for 15 minutes. Then adding some of the tank water to the bags and waiting 10 minutes, then putting the fish into the tank.

Pescado_Verde

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How old is the tank? I mean, how long has it been operating? Also, what sort of filter do you have? Something that came with the tank?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom