My gsp - "puffy"

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Mer-max, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

Well I've got one more tank to get to fix all the mistakes I made upon joining the hobby.

Puffy - my gsp will need a heavily brackish tank towards maturity. I've has him in complete freshwater. Upon making tunnels, and heavily planted his current tank which is mainly for my bgk, it's time for puffy to start packing his bags and moving to a new tank. I'm wanting a hex tank. Was thinking 30 gal since he will be the only habitant aside from snails - which will be food.

Does anyone know when I reach high salinity 1.022 if any saltwater type plants / urchins or anything cool will survive? The plan is to take tubes of different size PVC pipe, roll in silicone an then in crushed shells and stuff to make it look nice and give him places to " hunt ". Since that's all he ever does anyway.

If anyone has any cool advice that would be nice. My battery is about to die so ill check back later.

2. Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

I was taking pictures of a plant and puffy became very upset that I was invading his space and came to give me a piece of his mind!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  3. bankruptjojoFishlore VIPMember

i have no experience with brackish but he is to cute not to comment :)

4. Mer-maxWell Known MemberMember

Lol thanks. That's actually a really bad pic of him. He was rather upset - hence the black on his underside. Ill try and snap some better pics at feeding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice