My Gravel Ok For Bandit Cory's?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, although corys would prefer sand, as long as the gravel isn’t too sharp they should be ok on it. Rub some of the gravel between your fingers to see if feels overly rough or has too sharp edges.
It’s not so much the type of substrate that causes barbel loss it’s more often caused by poor water quality/dirty substrate.

Last edited:

Seasoldier

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, Love your tank, the wood & stones really look good together & the free swimming space you have is great. Re the substrate as @Coradee says above if you can rub it between your fingers without discomfort it shouldn't cause your BN & Corys when you get them any issues as long as you keep it well gravel vacced.

MelanieM

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi, although corys would prefer sand, as long as the gravel isn’t too sharp they should be ok on it. Rub some of the gravel between your fingers to see if feels overly rough or has too sharp edges.
It’s not so much the type of substrate that causes barbel loss loss it’s more often caused by poor water quality/dirty substrate.
Thanks. Doesn't feel too sharp. Will get some cory's and if I see any issues I'll return them. Will be sure to do good gravel cleans

Hi, Love your tank, the wood & stones really look good together & the free swimming space you have is great. Re the substrate as @Coradee says above if you can rub it between your fingers without discomfort it shouldn't cause your BN & Corys when you get them any issues as long as you keep it well gravel vacced.
Thanks for tank feedback
Have put lots of time and research in. Will try the cory's and return if it feels like they are not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom