My gouramis

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all,

Here are pics of my gourmai's, I haven't seen the female eat and ive had her three weeks. She dosen't show any intrest in any food I've tried, she is very shy and dosen't come above the bottom six inchesw of the tank. does she look ok?

Attachments

ppate1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
She appears fine at first sight. Gouramis that I have kept have been shy for like a week or so till they feel comfortable; but the non interest in eating is troublesome. What are your water parms?

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would have to say she doesn't look okay. Her back appears to be bent horribly and this could be causing a lot of stress and weakness for your fish. Does she get on with the male?

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Unfortunatly she died last night:'( my parameters are 0,0,<10 so I don't think that caused any problems. She was always very shy and was always hiding, if as you say her back was bent it may have been genetic rather than a disease that she could have passed on.

It's a real shame my little girl really liked her.

Thanks for your replies
Paul

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
naawww, sorry to hear

Unfortunately DG are quite susceptible to DGD (Dwarf Gourami Disease), it only affects DG's and there is no cure yet. There are also no real visual symptoms (like red gills, ICH etc), other than what you've experienced.

Again, sorry to hear about your loss. She looked beautiful.

Scanlon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really hope it wasn't dgd, as my other was in with her, he seems to be getting stronger and braver by the minute, fingers crossed

yallyall1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
when i had my DGs, there was one which was in my mums own words ''a brute. a vicious brute.'' There always seem to be a dominant one, as if they feed off of each others strength...

Sorry to hear about that though...

I do agree that the spine wasn't ok, could that have been a handling error at the LFS maybe? she might have been stressed and had a broken bone... But what do I know! It could just be genetic... or (hopefully not!) DGD!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom