My Goldfish Has ICH

nadine

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The filter thats in there now, i only put in there when i added the new fish (about 3 weeks ago) and i do take it out and rinse it with clean water (atlease once a wek or so)
The order is very strong, but only when i opens the lid (cover)...I nticed this morning that my new black moore, has one speck or fungus (i think) on his tail....It looks like a little peice of cotton. Could this be whats making the water or filter smell...? I am planning on starting a fungus med today to help save my black moore....I dont want to loose these fish too...

nadine

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok so i just done a 50% water change, and replaced my filter......and im getting ready to add alittle meds.....Do u have any more advice u can give me....

ldbrown3138

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Make sure the water you use for rinsing the filter is non-chlorinated water and don't rinse to vigorously. Rinse off the dirt and put it back in the filter. Keep doing weekly (10 - 15 %) water changes. Don't add too many fish at one time. Slow is better. Don't overfeed. Better to feed a little 2 or 3 times a day than a big feeding once per day.

nadine

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok so i done a 50% water change....the white spot has dropped off of mr black moore (i didnt use meds)....and he seems to be doing well....i will keep up with the weekly water changes, and see what happens...right now i only have 3 gold fish and mr pleco....not planning on adding any more for maby a month or so....

ldbrown3138

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The single most important thing you can do for your fish (other than feeding) is a water change.
Goldfish are large bodied fish and consume a good amount of food. Water changes are critical for aquarium maintenance. Water changes are a lot easier and cheaper than meds.

nadine

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ok ty so much for all your help, i will keep up with weekly water changes.....TY

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom