my Golden Gourami!!

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

my golden gourami has started chasin and attackin my red fire gourmai!!!! any suggestions on what 2 do should i get rid of 1 of them????????????????

2. Craig Well Known Member Member

its weird guys i just watched them there and they were swimmin beside each other fine floatin next 2 one another could it just b that there playin and messin around for fun or sumthin?????? my guppies chase one another all the time is it the same with the gourami??

3. fletch Member Member

they could be mating. you have to watch to see if there is any nipping going on (if there is be very carefull). the male will chase the female around the tank for a few hours either after building a bubble nest or just before. She will then hover below the nest site and wait for the nest to be built or to be completed. The male gourami then chases her breifly and she nudges him on the side to indicate that shes ready.

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

there both males lol

5. Craig Well Known Member Member

and can sum1 please tell me what the feelers or antena things or what do u even call them?????? why do the gourami have those???????? interestin feature but crazy!!!!!

an answer would b very much appreciated 8)

6. azzman Member Member

There just feelers, i watch mine use them to feel each other and other fish.

7. Sabi Well Known Member Member

are they still chasing one another etc? if so, do you see any marks on either of them?

i think their feelers help them to 'recognize' other gouramis, i find that they can also sense other fish in the tank with their feelers.