My Golden Gourami has been acting strange

my Golden GroumI has been acting strange I want to make sure she’s ok. the other day I came home and heard really load swishing noise in coming from one of the tanks in my room. my GroumI was going crazy farting around the tank and sometimes coming out of the water. she was acting very chaotic she even knocked down my dead clark structure. then again today she did the same thing. she was fine on minute then I heard her going crazy again and ended up getting stuck behind my filter and the side of the tank. what could this be?

jinjerJOSH22

my Golden GroumI has been acting strange I want to make sure she’s ok. the other day I came home and heard really load swishing noise in coming from one of the tanks in my room. my GroumI was going crazy farting around the tank and sometimes coming out of the water. she was acting very chaotic she even knocked down my dead clark structure. then again today she did the same thing. she was fine on minute then I heard her going crazy again and ended up getting stuck behind my filter and the side of the tank. what could this be?
Could you give us some information on the tank?
Parameters,
temperature,
tankmates,
tank size,
how big the Gourami is,
how long you've had it,
any new tankmates?

I have had her for about three years. and just added two more bamboo shrimp

jinjerJOSH22

Some kind of irritant?
Maybe you startled her? Mine can be fairly skittish at times and splash about however I have 9 and they chase each other, which usually causes the splashing.
Any other abnormal behavior? excessive flashing?
It could be a moody tantrum or one of the Tetra have decided to nip at her and she's reacted.

no other adnormal behavior. but she did just do it again. I was just sitting there and when I looked over she was by her self. nothing was messing with her and she started to go crazy again. this time she may have got a cut on her head and bruised up the side of her.

jinjerJOSH22

no other adnormal behavior. but she did just do it again. I was just sitting there and when I looked over she was by her self. nothing was messing with her and she started to go crazy again. this time she may have got a cut on her head and bruised up the side of her.
Hmmmm, last water change? any change at all, scape, plants, new filter?
This kind of situation is really just a guessing game honestly, then hope the thing you land on is right and fixing it solves the problem.
I wish I could give you a quick answer

last water change was saturday. nothing new decor or filter wise. it really just came out of the blue. thank you for your help.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hunaid Hanfee
Replies
Views
Raychel
Replies
Views
shrimpscaper