My Gbr Is Sick Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by Iridium_2256, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Iridium_2256

Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Hey everyone,

So my male ram died mysteriously after heavy breathing and lethargy about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Now the female is having the same problem. She's sitting in the plastic plants. She responds to noise and stimuli, but also hasn't eaten last night. Thanks for any help!

2. OP
    OP
    Iridium_2256

This is her right now. I also just noticed she has some white a stringy poo. The symptoms just came up last night, and I'm doing a water change right now.

Attached Files:

3. Greg F

Greg FWell Known MemberMember

White stringy poo is often a sign of internal parasites although stress can cause it too. What temp is the tank at

4. OP
    OP
    Iridium_2256

Just about 80 degrees. She's been fine for about 3 months with the tank at this temp. I'm thinking our local ph may be too high (it's about 8 put the tap) so I have been thinking giving them some garlic every now and then.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    Iridium_2256

Just finished the change, she's a tad more active. I'm going to be doing my angelfish juvie tank now, so I'll check back in half an hour. I did notice her gills seem a little red.

6. OP
    OP
    Iridium_2256

She's resting on the gravel now. I'm honestly clueless as to wait it could be, and if I loose another fish I'm just gonna give up and sell the stock.

7. OP
    OP
    Iridium_2256

Buying general cure and doseing the whole tank, I've come to the conclusion its an internal parasite of some sort. Hopefully she makes it throught he night, and just in case she needs more aggressive treatment I'm cycling a 5 gallon that i will be using soon with a already established sponge filter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice