My Friend Has 3 Oscars In A 55...

Discussion in 'Oscars' started by succman, Feb 8, 2019.

1. succmanValued MemberMember

it is overstocked

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. J. MacGregorValued MemberMember

Wow sounds like he is way over stocked!

3. succmanValued MemberMember

he is getting a 125 in a few months tho

he is going to leave the bichr there

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2019
  4. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

Still way overstocked...

Doesn't matter, if he doesn't have a pond, he's never going to be able to provide for the shovelnose red tail hybrid. Plus 3 Oscars in a 125 is overstocked, he could maybe do 2 and a pleco, but since it's 3 Oscars (which get 12-16") and 2 plecos (I assume commons, so 24") the plecos will fight, and frankly, a 125 doesn't give them enough room. Not to mention that hybrid can probably get over 36". And all those fish eat a TON, so bioload wise, it'll be overstocked.

5. succmanValued MemberMember

he says he is building a pond and will be ready in spring he is right next to me he said he will also put the 2 oscars in a pond. he is getting one for oscars and the redtail and a koi pond with the plecos.

6. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

So he's going to heat the pond to 82-84° year round? Otherwise, no Oscars in the pond. They're very tropical fish, water 75 and below can kill them.
    Putting the shovelnose hybrid is the pond is awesome, but I'm not sure they're compatible with koi.

7. succmanValued MemberMember

i know its overstocked.

he said he is doing 2 ponds and it will be heated. a predator pond and a koi pond

8. RtessyFishlore VIPMember

That's a much better idea, but how does he plan to heat the pond? And the Oscar may end up being a snack depending on how big the hybrid gets...
    Either way, I hope it works out for him, I'm glad he has the resources to upgrade them

9. succmanValued MemberMember

i think he might have it indoors but i don't really know.:D