Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I like fish2345678765 said:
he is getting a 125 in a few months tho
Still way overstocked...

he is going to leave the bichr there
Doesn't matter, if he doesn't have a pond, he's never going to be able to provide for the shovelnose red tail hybrid. Plus 3 Oscars in a 125 is overstocked, he could maybe do 2 and a pleco, but since it's 3 Oscars (which get 12-16") and 2 plecos (I assume commons, so 24") the plecos will fight, and frankly, a 125 doesn't give them enough room. Not to mention that hybrid can probably get over 36". And all those fish eat a TON, so bioload wise, it'll be overstocked.

OP
S

succman

Reaction score
he says he is building a pond and will be ready in spring he is right next to me he said he will also put the 2 oscars in a pond. he is getting one for oscars and the redtail and a koI pond with the plecos.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
he says he is building a pond and will be ready in spring he is right next to me he said he will also put the 2 oscars in a pond. he is getting one for oscars and the redtail and a koI pond with the plecos.
So he's going to heat the pond to 82-84° year round? Otherwise, no Oscars in the pond. They're very tropical fish, water 75 and below can kill them.
Putting the shovelnose hybrid is the pond is awesome, but I'm not sure they're compatible with koi.

OP
S

succman

Reaction score
I know its overstocked.

he said he is doing 2 ponds and it will be heated. a predator pond and a koI pond

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know its overstocked.

he said he is doing 2 ponds and it will be heated. a predator pond and a koI pond
That's a much better idea, but how does he plan to heat the pond? And the Oscar may end up being a snack depending on how big the hybrid gets...
Either way, I hope it works out for him, I'm glad he has the resources to upgrade them

OP
S

succman

Reaction score
I think he might have it indoors but I don't really know.

New Threads