my fourth 35 gallon project

1. saqib Well Known Member Member

Hey there guys!
    im very excited to have started my fourth tank setup :;rocker

its going to be a 35 gallon custom made tank (dimensions 36x12x19 inches).
    Im going to keep things very simple, a simple powerhead filter to keep things in motion and a bare bottom (kind of - im putting in artificial grass on the bottom of the tank) to keep things clean and allow more room for the water.

I have attached a few pics (its an old tank so never mind the hard water stains)
    IMG_1142.jpg

I cycled this tank with the fishless method by pouring pure ammonia into the tank and waiting for ages for the darn ammonia and nitrites to disappear. final reading 0,0,12 :;rocker

Current look and feel:
    IMG_1144.jpg

Do recommend what more i can add in there except live plants since ive never succeeded with them and not going to try again. :;madsmiley

As far as the stock goes, im open to everything and anything, just a few options that crossed my mind:

Option 1:Im think of adding a few juvenile angels, probably six till i get a pair at which stage only the pair shall remain and the rest of the angels shall be re homed to my another 135 gallon that i have. Add a school of 6 giant danios to accompany the angels.

Option 2: Go with a few blood parrots?

Option 3: Go with an entire malawi chichlid setup?

Option 4: Scrap everything and go with something entirely new to me, a fancy gold fish setup?

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Some Angelfish with Rams, One of my tanks is this type and it is very beautiful with them together.
    Some Mbuna African Cichlids, Another one of my tanks, and this is very fun and colorfun.
    I am not a big fan of Goldfish, but it is a good size to do two fancy Goldfish.