My fluval edge 46l work in progress

1. stickman89 Initiate Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Custom light made from pvc pipe and guttering. Probably going to be no good for the plants tho

Anyone got and good ideas about fitting some kind of external filter Into the back compartment

2 shrimp
    6 neon tetras
    1 mountain minnow
    1 coolie loach
    Going to add a Siamese fighting fish I think

Any thoughts?

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Beautiful tank! Unfortunately you have some stocking issues.

What are the dimensions of the tank? It looks too small for neons, mountain minnows, and kuhli loaches (all need to be in groups of 6+ of their own species, and your tank isn't big enough for any of these species).

You do have other options if you decide not to add a betta. If you add a betta, no other fish - this tank isn't large enough for a betta community.

3. stickman89 Initiate Member

Yeah I thought so I have had that one white mountain minnow for about 4/5 years though and it's been fine the dimensions are 44x61x54cm yeah if I did add a beta it would be the last fish

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

It's really not fine - they're schooling fish and need to be in groups.

Are you sure you got the dimensions right? That tank comes out much larger than 46 liters.

At 22", it's a bit short for neons, but if you don't want to rehome them, it's better than your normal 10 gal dimensions.

Please rehome the minnow though. Also don't add a betta. They're not temp compatible with neons and he may attack/kill your neons (or the neons may stress him out).

5. stickman89 Initiate Member

Yeah dimensions are right and that's weird I was reading online that neons and betas are compatible also the neons don't really school unless they are threatened when I added mine they did for like a day now they just hang around mostly on there own

6. stickman89 Initiate Member

Oh no dimensions are wrong maybe that's the box who knows thanks for the tips anyway

7. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I think the measurements given are the measurements of the whole unit, the actual glass tank will be smaller