My flower horn fish can't see food in front of him!

totoshireer

Reaction score
So I bought this flower horn 7 months ago and I have sensed a problem, it doesn't see the food very well even if it is hungary, the food just passes by its side without noticing it. The problem got worse now it just bumpes on any subject and it can't eat unless I use sinking pellets so it could sense the food at the bottom and it doesn't give any kind of reaction to my hands moving or anything unless I knok on the glassI and it sees the food closer than it really is. I can't find a medicine for it because of corona virus so I tried my best to do big water changes every day and doing the best I could to help it, but it didnt get better at all, it seems like it's semi-blind and his eyes looks totally black. It is about 3.5 inches in a 15 gallon aquarium with a hangover filter and a heater 32c. Please help me and my poor fish!!
Sorry for the bad grammar

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Obviously if the FH is blind no med will cure the problem. As long as he is kept solo & continues to eat, survival is likely.
FH's do better in warm, clean water. Don't over feed & continue feeding the sinking pellets. IMO, Temp. should be 80 - 82 degrees. Considering the small tank, change out 50% of the water 2x a week.
Hope things get better.

Mermish

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I you wanted you try soaking his food in garlic and see if the scent helped him find it easier. You can make your own juice from garlic cloves of use seachem garlic guard.

OP
T

totoshireer

Reaction score
Thanks

I will do my best.

But is there any chance of him getting better?

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hope for the best. Unknown if the blindness was a birth defect, injury, disease related or if its partial blindness.

New Threads