My fishroom...

1. emeraldking

emeraldking Well Known Member Member

fishroom stan 025.jpg fishroom stan 024.jpg fishroom stan 011a.jpg fishroom stan 035.jpg

Well, I could discuss my tanks but I've got over 60 tanks overhere and therefore I'm only mentioning my fishroom.
    My fishroom doesn't contain all of my tanks. For also in my shed and another bedroom there are tanks that I just couldn't find an open spot for in my fishroom.

Despite of the fact that I've been a passionate aquarist for over 40 years now; I do have to admit that all those years where ever I've lived, the fishtanks have been placed all over the house. Ever since this year I do own a specific fishroom after we had a renovation overhere. And I'm enjoying every bit of it...

Even under my computerscreen there's a small tank...

fishroom stan 042.jpg

I've got covered and open tanks of different sizes.

fishroom stan 002a.jpg fishroom stan 006a.jpg fishroom stan 074.jpg

2. ppate1977

ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

Wow!

3. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

I would love to have a room like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

So many options with all those tanks! How do you ever find time to clean them all???

5. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Valued Member Member

Those triangular tanks are really interesting. I'd love to have 1 of those in place of my Fluval Spec V at work.

It would be great if you took up-close shots of each tank and posted them.

6. d

dakota Valued Member Member

What a set up. A few years ago I had 9 tanks going at the same time. My first day off was deticated to cleaning tanks. That lasted 2 years and we had to move. Now have 3 tanks and thats all. Retired last year so time to play with fish. Its a great hobby as long as a person can handle it. Thanks

Clean Water = Happy Healthy Fish

7. OP
    OP
    emeraldking

To be honest, I don't spend that much time cleaning all those tanks. For basically, my tanks are wellbalanced. Which also means that the maintenance is not that high.

I don't really follow the steps of keeping fish the way the commercial world would love to see me doing. Quite frankly, going to endemic areas of these fish will teach you a much better way of keeping fish with a lower maintenance and much more fun to enjoy watching your fish. I've been to several countries and always spend a part of the trip on going into nature. Explore wildlife wether that's livestock or vegetation, is a passion of mine. Nature can teach you much more than a relevant book.

That I have plural tanks has to do with the fact that I keep and breed certain livebearers to maintain the species in the aquaristic scene and also for vivaristic events. So, that really serious aquarists are able to have these specific species also at home.

Next week I'll have a 3 day event called the Holland Koi Show. Yes, you read it well → Koi! But at this event a huge aquarium tent has been put on the area and I'll be one of the exposants overthere. It's meant for those who can't effort a pond in the backyard with expensive koi in it. So, the aquarium scene can offer a cheaper option to maintain an aquatic hobby.

This year I'm a juror at three events. Next month we'll have the a killifish and livebearer exhibition. And part of this event is the first dutch championship of endlers (N- and K-class) and wildguppies. Also in September a livebearer championship In Aadorf-Diemelsee, Germany will be held and I'll be a juror overthere as well. In October/ November this year I'll be a juror during the endler championship for western-europe in Berlin. So yeah, the hobby keeps me busy...

Take care,
    "S"

8. NCE12940

NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Great fish room, and fascinating, busy and rewarding life as well.

9. OP
    OP
    emeraldking

You've put that right NCE12940! It's really rewarding! And that keeps me going...

10. NCE12940

NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

Something I'm sure a lot of us aspire to.