My fish !!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by luke1292, Apr 18, 2006.

1. luke1292New MemberMember

Hi all

Well, i am new into keeping fish. I currently have 2 (4 tomorow) glass cat fish. I have a 40L tank and temperature is 24c.

I was wondering if the following species of tropical fish are all compatible with each other ...

Neons
    Rocket/Pencil fish
    Glass catfish

I was told they are by the world of water but i want to make sure with you guys!!!

Also, do the fish need a hiding spot (e.g hollow pice of driftwood?)

Thanks

Luke

2. beckers4orangesValued MemberMember

your tank isnt that big... how many are you planning on adding???

3. OP
    OP
    l

luke1292New MemberMember

about 15

4. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

Definitely do not add that many to your tank or you will be well over stocked. According to your previous posts, your tank equates to about 10 gallons. In a 10 gallon tank you can have between 8"-10" of fish. That's fish as an adult when taking measurement into consideration.

Your (2) glass cats alone will get to be nearly 4" long each, as adults. The two of them would make up 8" of the 10" when following the recommended 1" of fish per gallon rule......

With the 2 glass cats that you have now, you're pretty limited to what you can add.

Also, please do not add any more fish unless your tank has completed the cycle.

5. OP
    OP
    l

luke1292New MemberMember

I havent seem them eat yet and i am worried

Do you think its possible for me to take them back to the shop?

6. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

You probably could. Call them.

7. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

I'm not sure about the compatibility question, but u should get about 3-6 plants and a rock shelter of some sort.

8. OP
    OP
    l

luke1292New MemberMember

Hi all,

Yes they are going to take the fish back and they apolaziged for not letting me know !!!

Now, i have to try and sell this tank on ebay or else where and then buy a bigger one! If there is anyone here from the UK who is intrested please let me know as i now have a spare 40Litre tank!!!

9. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

If it's not a matter of money, I would keep the tank and use it as a hospital/quarantine tank. ;)

10. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Hi Luke, welcome to FishLore. I'm from UK too. :) I was just wondering which World of Water you went too. I know of 2 quite near me, and go there quite often. It's a really good store and they give some really good advice. I find that if I ask them something, they usualy know the answers to it. They raelly know their stuff!! :)

Gwenz :)

11. OP
    OP
    l

luke1292New MemberMember

I think it is a matter of money when its a birthday present !!!

I got to the world of water near rolvendon on hastings road

12. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

just wondering, are those glassfish natural kind or the painted kind?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice