my fish stays at the top of the aquarium

?

should i use an air motor for my aquarium???

1. fish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. goldfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dooo7a Initiate Member

i got my fish as a present and now i donno how to feed them or how often should i change their water
    and lately , thy r staying at the top , i dont use an air bubble blower machine ( i donno its exact name) so anybody plz help me....
    thankx

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore. Please stop by the welcome forum and introduce yourself. Let us welcome you properly ;)
    Now if you would give us some information please. The size of your tank and what kind of fish you have . If you have a water test kit it would be very helpful to know your ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate readings.
    Carol

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore! It's great to have you with us! Usually when fish gasp at the top of the tank, they are not getting enough air. That's why we need to know a little more about your tank. You may have high ammonia or nitrite, or there's just not enough air water exchange, which can easily be fixed with an air stone. If your tank has too many fish in it, that's another problem, but we need to know more about your tank and what's in it. ;)

4. dooo7a Initiate Member

first, thnkx all 4 ur replys
    its really ment a lot 2 me, as i nvr thought that anybody would care :)
    really really thnkx,
    then,
    my tank is a small one, the traditional small ( ball shapped ) tank
    with 3 small fish in it...each one is about 1.5 cm long...
    i feed them twice a day, and i change the water every 4 to 6 days..
    wht is the ( air stone ) i donno it.
    but i askd sm people thy told me that i dont need that air blower as it is a small tank..
    and ill tell u more as soon as i know more about my lovely fish ;)
    sorry 4 my poor english language, but im trying 2 do my best,
    as my mother tongue is Arabic as im from Cairo ( Egypt)

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Please take a sample of your water to your local fish store, and have them check the ammonia and nitrites. If you can get test kits for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates, that would help out a lot in the long run. How much water do you change out every week? And when you change the water, do you dechlorinate, or do you have water that doesn't need to be treated?

6. dooo7a Initiate Member

my tank is a small one, so i change the water once a week besides, i take a cup of water from the tank and put another fresh one everyday.
    every week after i clean the tank and fill it with water i dechlorinate it.