my fish seem to be stalking me :P?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by ILikeFishies, Dec 7, 2012.

1. ILikeFishies

ILikeFishiesValued MemberMember

My fish tank is in my room and its on a table,to the right of my computer table. So im usually at my computer and i noticed that all my fish would be swimming around the left side of my tank all the time, so i tried experimenting something, i sat near the right side of my tank and watched as they all migrated to the right side of my tank ;o!
    could my fish possibly be stalking me xD??

2. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Lol. Maybe they are "human watching"

I know my fish always figure out pretty fast who feeds and cares for them and the friendlier ones will always come near the front when I approach the tank. I take it as a compliment that they are pretty happy and have started to recognize me.

3. fishynoob

fishynoobWell Known MemberMember

Mine do that!! I have one fish who spends a good 3/4 of her time when I am near the tank staring at me. It all started recently too when my water went cloudy ever since then she just stares at me. I tried making it up to her with treats which she will happily accept and then it is back to staring at me even when the treats are no longer in the equation. The other day I came into my front room and five of the fish were staring at the TV then they noticed me so they did a 90 degree turn and stared at me for a good five mins!

4. hoboValued MemberMember

It’s because they know you’re the food source

5. OP
    OP
    ILikeFishies

how creepy xD! do they watch me as i change too!?!? lolol

Especially the neon tetras, they're all there in a group facing me...watching me O_O

6. Terra

TerraWell Known MemberMember

You're probably more entertaining than staring at the walls, lol. I'm sure some species get bored. I can't say my cherry barbs ever do, they're too busy bouncing around like ping pong balls to be bored, but I'm positive the bettas do - they watch me a lot.

7. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

:;laughing Don't worry about it. Fish need SOME source of entertainment right?;) What better to do than witness odd expressions on your face and be fed shortly after!:D

8. OP
    OP
    ILikeFishies

haha you guys xD. Terra, i have to agree that cherry barbs bounce around like ping pongs, i once had a few of them, and thats exactly what they do xD.

now my fish are pervs D:. they're watching me! and i feed them everyday right after i have my dinner xD

9. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

It's called begging :)

10. OP
    OP
    ILikeFishies

well it works sometimes xD

11. Lilibeth_Seasong

Lilibeth_SeasongWell Known MemberMember

My previous batch of fish did that to me too. Now I have a Crowntail betta and he swims over to look at me whenever I go near the tank. I think he's scared of my little brother because he swims away whenever Sam comes near. :p One time when I held a can of flake food and a can of freeze dried blood worms in front of my betta to see if he would pick one. He almost seemed to look from one to the other then point at the blood worms, so I gave him that. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice