My Fish Keep Dying

Sierra Duggan

Hi! My name is Sierra and I’m new to this forum thing but I’m desperate. This will be the 4th betta I’ve had that has died and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. I do my research I ask friends and family and people I know that know a lot about fish.
Anyway...my most recent Betta is a Copper Male and his name is Boost. LITERALLY ever since I got him he lays at the bottom of the tank and doesn’t swim around and he won’t eat anything. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but I need help!

Sierra Duggan

My tank size is 10 gallons and based on size the fish is about 3-4 months old. I’ve used my water test strips and everything appears normal. I have trumpet snails I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.
What is the tank size and what are the water parameters?

Brayden Thome

What are the exact water parameters. Ammonia, Nitrate, pH, temperature? Not sure if you are new to this but I want to make sure you are using water dechlorinator

Sierra Duggan

I don’t have exact water parameters. I’m not home right now but yes I use the dechlorinator
What are the exact water parameters. Ammonia, Nitrate, pH, temperature? Not sure if you are new to this but I want to make sure you are using water dechlorinator

Brayden Thome

Okay when you know all the parameters let me know. Start there. Also how fast has it taken all the different betas to die?

Sierra Duggan

I stand corrected this will be the 3rd dead betta. My first betta, Jet, lived the longest but still less than a year so maybe about 6 or 7 months. I put a Pleco in the tank with him as well as snails and I think he died due to insufficient oxygen. My second betta, Rex, got fin rot and I only had him for like 2-3 months. My 3rd betta, Charlie, is Alive. He didn’t move much when I had him in a 5 gallon tank so I put him in a vase and put him in my siblings’ room and he seems happier. The betta fish I have in my room, Boost, is the one that is dying. I literally just got him like a week and a half ago.
Okay when you know all the parameters let me know. Start there. Also how fast has it taken all the different betas to die?

angelcraze

Are the betta tanks heated? We will wait for your parameters. Btw, test strips are not very accurate though, can you get a liquid test kit or bring a sample to the LFS to test? Most of us are using the API liquid test kit.

Sierra Duggan

Yes my tank is heated. I’m going to order a new water test kit that is API bc the test strips weren’t very informative.
Are the betta tanks heated? We will wait for your parameters. Btw, test strips are not very accurate though, can you get a liquid test kit or bring a sample to the LFS to test? Most of us are using the API liquid test kit.

Sierra Duggan

This is the one I ordered! Is this the one you use??

Attachments

• AEC7944F-25C3-4308-9DDA-15EAD01B81EC.jpeg
    AEC7944F-25C3-4308-9DDA-15EAD01B81EC.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 51

angelcraze

This is the one I ordered! Is this the one you use??
Yes it is! Good stuff

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
dMog
Replies
Views
Roses
Replies
Views
Flyfisha