my fish have died!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOULOU

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi, unfortunately because of my lack of knowledge when i first got my fish i did everything wrong. i had to give away 2 male guppies because they were fighting, they killed my female platty aswell. then the male platty died and the albino catfish, so the speckled catfish i had left i gave to a friend. good news is i have found a tropical fish centre about 30 min drive from where i live. we are buying a 25 gallon aquarium soon. the man that runs the shop is very helpful and knows his stuff when it comes to fish. so much better than the **** petshop i went to in the first place. one thing i didnt have in my tank was a heater! now i wasnt told that i had to. the store i got my fish from sold them to me as coldwater tropical fish, which i now understand there isnt such a thing, am i right? im going to need all the help i canget from whoever is interested. look forward to hearing from you. emma.x

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore.com. Of course we will help all we can.

Yes it is important that you cycle your tank before you get your fish and as I read in a post by Gunnie, one of our resident master tank keepes, if you do a fishless cycle you are not limited when the cycle is over to buying only a fish or two at a time. You can add the whole bunch if you have gotten them from the same place where you are sure they won't be bringing in diseases to each other.

As you have questions, always please feel free to ask and I am sure someone around here will have an answer for you.

Again welcome and I hope you have as much fun here as I have. It is a great group of people.

Rose

Adz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey Emma,

Fishlore has counciled me through many stresses, so you wont have any problems on this site

When I first set up my tank I lost all my fish too, so second time round I let the tank cycle for at least a week then put in some hardy fish to help it cycle more. I used Zebra danios, and they are still alive and splashing haha.

did you complain to that store that told you they were cold water tropical fish? its not very tropical if its cold aye lol.

anyways, keep fishn

Adz. <>< ><>

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's kinda wierd, since it contradicts itself..."and those ones are coldwater warmwater fish"... : It makes me mad though, that they essentially killed those fish by telling you not to use a heater. > The only fish you don't need a heater for are Goldfish, White Clouds, Danios (though usually kept as tropicals), Hillstream Loaches, and then Ghost Shrimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom