My Fish Has A White Patch On Him? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Fish-keeper, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Fish-keeper

Fish-keeperValued MemberMember

I am very confused what it could be all the illnesses I know of it can’t be it is a white batch on the top of my Plattie,I noticed it yesterday evening. What could it be?

2. 2211Nighthawk

2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

3. OP
    OP
    Fish-keeper

Here you go.

Attached Files:

4. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I can't really tell what's bubble and what isn't lol, my eyes aren't the best. Is it on the mouth, and does it look fuzzy? If so, it may be columnaris, which looks like a fungus but is actually a bacteria that needs different treatment (kanaplex or macyrn 2). If it looks like grains of salt or something similar, it is likely Ich. I don't have experience with fungus, so I can't give much help there, sorry

5. Ziggythecat

ZiggythecatValued MemberMember

Sometimes my mollies get the same exact thing. Could be just a scratch. Their scales usually fall of and grow back perfectly normal. Don’t really know what caused it.

But it might not be that for your fish. Keep an eye on them.

6. 2211Nighthawk

2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

I see what your talking about and it could either be a natural color chance or some missing scales. Keep an eye on it though.

7. OP
    OP
    Fish-keeper

Thanks, I will I have just done a 50% water change in case it is something in the water,he seems fine other then the patch he is acting normal. I don’t think it is a colour change as he is supposed to blue always a sunset orange not white,I will keep a very close eye on the white patch and see if it changes at all if it doesn’t I will go to my pet store for sometime of medication.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice