My Fish Died For No Reason?

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello,

I am afraid that this isn’t a very cheery subject, I have recently been setting up a new tank for my for platties and two baby's (now 3 platties and two baby’s)

The fish have not been moved too there new tank as it has not yet cycled, as I went to my tank in the evening, I realised that one of the fish had been buried under one of the small rocks, I moved the rock to free the fish and as it did so the fish just floated up to the top, it was dead.

I removed the fish and put it to the side to check the fish, the body of the fish looked completely normal, she had nothing strange on her body and every thing looked normal, she had just had two baby’s a week ago.

I checked the water with my testing kit and everything seemed normal, I checked the Temperature of the water that was also normal. Nothing was wrong with the tank so I am unsure of what caused the fish to die and what she died from.

Sarah73

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What was your exact water parameters before she died? Second, fish rarely die for no reason at all. Do you have any male platies? Was she eating before she died? What did her poop look like?

Fish-keeper

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sarah73 said:
What was your exact water parameters before she died? Second, fish rarely die for no reason at all. Do you have any male platies? Was she eating before she died? What did her poop look like?
I can’t remember exactly what the water test said but it was all normal, she was eating her poop looked normal, and there are some males In the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom