My Fish Are Disappearing

Elijah K

I'm sorry, I don't know where thsI thread goes. but this is urgent. I have a 125 gallon tank and everyday I'm noticing my fish are gone. about 2 everyday for the past 2-3 days. I have a sturdy lid on my tank. I NEVER leave it open unless I'm feeding and I would be watching. what's happening???

david1978

Aliens, aliens I tells ya. What's you stocking? I guess your stocking would be were to start.

Elijah K

and btw I know they can be eaten by other fish overnight but this many fish would not just die randomly all at once. all the missing fish looked healthy they were eating. if I have a fish die its 1 and rarely.

Amynnas

You need to post water parameters and what type of stock you have in your tank for anyone to be able to help. Could be fish eating other fish, could be bad water killing them, could be a million things. Hopefully this will bump it up and get you some help.

Elijah K

Feohw

What fish are disappearing? The gouramI or catfish could be eating the smaller fish.

Also you have many different schooling tetras that should really be in larger groups. 2 of each isn't ideal

Elijah K

the catfish are small 1-2 inches

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure its the koi. but I'm more worried about how they all died at once. and I don't think the koI would eat live fish.

jjohnwm

A "small koi" could still be a foot long; a bit more information about sizes would be useful.

Is your tank densely planted? If so, it is very easy for a tetra or other small fish to die and be so hidden away that you never find it without tearing down the tank.

Details! You've made 5 or 6 posts in this thread asking for advice on what's happening, but still haven't given an specifics of water conditions, etc. We know that it's freshwater, and not much more than that.

Feohw

Elijah K said:
the catfish are small 1-2 inches

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure its the koi. but I'm more worried about how they all died at once. and I don't think the koI would eat live fish.
Generally a fish will eat what will fit in its mouth. There are some exceptions but generally that is the case. I've heard that koI will eat something that will fit into its mouth.

It might have been sudden if they were raised together. Or if they just never thought to eat them. Once they get a mouthful they'll usually come back for more.

Amynnas

a koI will eat anything it can get into its mouth

Feohw

Your profile says that you have many different types of schooling tetra, barbs and danio in the tank. Each of those should really be in groups of 6 at least. 1 or 2 of each isn't ideal. Which of those have been vanishing?

Is there anywhere they could be hiding? Also yes, water conditions would be good to know.

Top Bottom