My fish and tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Angellover, May 3, 2006.

1. AngelloverNew MemberMember

Come look at my 55gal tank! Hope you enjoy!

2. AngelloverNew MemberMember

Ok im new at adding these pics, so this one's just a testing one.(It is one of my fish) Im thinking it might come out to big, or small. So please ignore this. If you have any infomation of how I can make it smaller, or bigger. Please tell me. I really want to show off my fish!

2.jpg

3. AngelloverNew MemberMember

Yes it works! Sorry for the blurrs, and the too  much lighted
    ones! Im bad at using the camera....

3.jpg
    This is my Angel, his name is challenger he's 3 years old now.

4.jpg
    This one's a little bright, but it shows some of my fish, and a little of my tank!

5.jpg
    This is a pretty good front shot of my pleco, his name is Maru

6.jpg
    This is my kisser(nvever really get these guys, they are really agressive, mine grew up with my fish. So he's not as agressive towards them)name-Bruno

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    My sisters rainbow shark(red finned I believe?)these guys do better in groups of 6,but I have only one and he does great alone! Very active fish.

9.jpg
    Some grouping fish

10.jpg
    11.jpg
    Two pics of Rocky(my other Pleco)he's one of my favorites!

12.jpg
    13.jpg
    Female-top
    Male-Bottom
    Great fish to start with. They can live for 5 years. Mine have been with me for 2 years now.
    14.jpg
    2.jpg
    This is my first pic lol! This is windmill another favorite of mine, along with my Pleco's,Angel,tetras....heck!I love em all.

15.jpg
    Bruno & Windmill, they hate each other. They stay on their side of the tank. Sometimes the'll lip lock in a fight, and of course Windmill wins. They havn't done it in a while though, I think their settling down!(see me in the background? lol)

16.jpg
    Side ways view of tank.(A few of my tetras are present)

17.jpg
    Now this pic came out really bad! But im sorry this is the only front pic of my tank. It's a 55gal...I took this picture in the dark lol.

4. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

I ABSOLUTELY love your angelfish !!! A strikingly beautiful fish :) Beautiful tank as well.

5. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

Very nice pictures and the Angel is indeed beautiful! They look happy and healthy and well cared for. Congratulations on such a beautiful tank.

Rose
    :)

6. ncjeValued MemberMember

Hi there.......looks like Windmill is a Satanoperca leucosticta (sometimes called a horseface and sometimes reffered to as an eartheater) name could be wrong as there are a few that look rather similar. Kept alone they are relatively unaggressive. I love these fish btw. One of my favourite mouth brooders. He wont like the attention from Bruno but should outgrow him anyway, they usually end up around 10 inches.

Can I ask what he was sold to you as? How old is he now?

Also like your angel....

7. AngelloverNew MemberMember

lol, thank you all for the comments! :D Im only 15 and im doing a pretty good job. Although im not sure if im changing their water enough. Im changing it every two weeks. Is that too long of a wait? If so, please send me a message if theres any problems.

Too answer your question ncji ive had him for a good year and a half. A great addition to the tank! Although ive never seen one in my life before I saw him at the petstore. The petstore owner that sold him to me said he would get along with just any kind of fish.(*cough* not kissing fish!)Anyways, thanks for telling me what kind of breed he was! I never could find what specfic breed he was.
    (And just between all fish lovers, im not sure about you but I name all my fish. My neighboors know them by heart...except my sister...)

8. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

I love the rainbow, but I think ur only supposed 2 have 1 of those.

9. CraigWell Known MemberMember

magnificent fish and tank well done!

C W

10. ncjeValued MemberMember

The only issue for him is I guess they really love a sand substrate.

11. dahlyValued MemberMember

Wow, Beautiful!

12. skippiValued MemberMember

nice tank, you are doing a good job!!

13. smillermomValued MemberMember

Very nice photos and your tank looks great!

14. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Wow! What a great tank! Your angel is beautiful, and your eartheater is awesome! I've been thinking of setting my tank up with some of them! When you have time, check out all the different eartheaters:

This is what ncje thinks you have:

What a cool fish!

15. nikitanainNew MemberMember

your tank is absolutely amazing!!!

loved your cory!!!

nikita

16. ncjeValued MemberMember

missed the latter posts... yeah from that pic Gunnie I would say Im on the money with the species..... although there are a couple that are harder to distinguish without actually looking at the fish itself.

But yeah a really great fish species.... they arre so cool to watch interact breed etc. Id almost say clean your tank out throw in a sand substrate and get him a couple of mates...

17. GwenzWell Known MemberMember

Great fish!Love your tank!!

Gwenz :)

18. Joe GValued MemberMember

great fish

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice